Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 16, 2009, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, El:

If that's the way most of us think, I'm outta here.

Fortunately for ME, though, your numbers are made up and those loons don't represent MY country... The DO represent the Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Wolverine wing, though.

excon
    Ex, you are already outside the 67%... you're in favor of nationalized health care. So I don't expect you to see ANYONE who appeared at the rally as representative of what you believe, no matter how normal or how off the wall they are. They don't represent you or your beliefs. I have no expectation that they should.

You are in the minority on this, and NOBODY in the majority represents your position. That's not a criticism, just a statement of fact.

Elliot
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    If you think the posters and the things people were saying are right up your alley then we understand that.
    Nice swerve NK, if you think people like Pelosi, Hoyer, Reid and Obama are just regular guys we understand that, too.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2009, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Ex, you are already outside the 67%...

You are in the minority on this, and NOBODY in the majority represents your position. That's not a criticism, just a statement of fact.
    Hello again, El:

Like I said... You got your MADE UP numbers.. and I've got the first poll I happened onto when I used the Google machine. It's from the State Journal in WEST VIRGINIA - that bastion of left wing idealogy:

-----------------------

A majority of West Virginia residents favor health care reform and mountaintop removal coal mining, according to the latest polling data from Mark Blankenship Enterprises. The poll, which was released Sept. 3, said 35 percent of the 400 people polled believe it is very important that President Barack Obama and the U.S. Congress pass a major health care reform bill within the next few months.

Twenty-six percent of respondents said a health care reform bill is somewhat important, while 13 percent said it is not very important and 22 percent said it is not important at all. Three percent did not answer.

The scientific poll was conducted by telephone between Aug. 27 and Aug. 30. It has a sampling error of plus or minus 4.9 percent.

Meanwhile, 42 percent of those polled said they were very satisfied with their health insurance and 36 percent said they were somewhat satisfied. Eight percent said they were not very satisfied and 6 percent said they were not satisfied at all. Eight percent did not answer.

Health care was the top concern on the minds of those polled. The cost of health care had 64 percent very worried and 25 percent somewhat worried. Overall government spending was second with 63 percent very worried and 29 percent somewhat worried.

The federal budget deficit was third, with 59 percent very worried and 29 percent somewhat worried. Finally, unemployment had 58 percent very worried and 33 percent somewhat worried.

But respondents seemed unsure if current proposals by federal officials would solve the problems with the country's health care system, according to the polling data.

Of those polled, 19 percent said the proposed health care bill would improve the system and 32 percent said it would not change it. But 48 percent said the proposal would worsen the system. Eight percent did not answer.

In addition to questions about health care, the poll also focused on the coal industry. According to the data, 87 percent of respondents said the coal industry is very important to the West Virginia economy. That compares to 71 percent for the oil and natural gas industry and 59 percent for timber.

Those polled have a high awareness of mountain top removal, according to the data. Seventy-nine percent have read, seen or heard a lot or some about the topic, while just 14 percent reported they have heard very little and 7 percent heard nothing at all.

When asked if they believe mountaintop removal should be illegal, 72 percent of those polled answered no, while 24 percent said yes. One percent did not know.

A majority of respondents also said mountain top removal is important to the state's economy. According to the data, 47 percent said it is very important and 34 percent said it is somewhat important.

Twelve percent of those polled said mountain top removal is not very important to the state's economy and 7 percent said it is not important at all.

-------------------

You don't have to read the stuff about coal..

excon

Sep 16, 2009, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    What all of a sudden the people who voted for Obama don't agree with him. I HIGHLY doubt that.
    Then you are wrong. Because 67% ARE against Obama's healthcare policies. That much is a fact.

I'm not saying that those who are against Obamacare would all vote him out of office right now. Many of them would not.

But if it passes.. In that case, many people who "like" Obama and voted for him would "suddenly" no longer like him and would very much be interested in voting him out of office. Only it wouldn't be "suddenly" at all. It would be the result of 9 months of policies and actions on Obama's part that people disagree with... everything from TARP 2, to the Stimulus Bill, to Cap & Trade, to nationalization of private corporations, to government spending, to Obama's "apologetics" in the international scene.

People voted for Obama because they expected something. If he can't deliver on that expectation and in fact delivers something that is CONTRARY to those expectations, those people will "all of a sudden" stop supporting him. And that is what's happening now. He's delivering something that the majority of Americans do not want with his health care plan. And the public is reacting to it. There's nothing "sudden" or unexpected about it.

Elliot
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 09:59 AM

This should have been in humour and comedy because those vids were bloody hilarious :D

Sep 16, 2009, 10:03 AM

Excon,

Meanwhile, 42 percent of those polled said they were very satisfied with their health insurance and 36 percent said they were somewhat satisfied. Eight percent said they were not very satisfied and 6 percent said they were not satisfied at all. Eight percent did not answer.
    Thanks for the data. 78% of Americans are satisfied with their health care.

And you think that they would vote for something that would DISMANTLE THE SYSTEM THAT THEY ARE SATISFIED WITH as Obamacare will?

Yeah... most Americans think that health care needs major reform. I happen to be one of them. But most of those Americans are NOT in favor if dismantling their health care system to do it. They aren't in favor of nationalized health care.

So... it's not 67% of Americans who are against Obamacare... it's actually 78%.

Thanks for the correction, excon.

Elliot
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 10:59 AM

ET give me a link for where you got 67% maybe you posted it before but I really don't feel like looking.

Sep 16, 2009, 11:52 AM

Comes from Rasmussen and Zogby a few weeks back. I can't find them right now. I remember it because I found it interesting that Zogby who is a lib and Rasmussen who is a conservative happened to get just about the same numbers in their sepparate polls.

But as excon has now posted, that 67% figure is outdated. It's 78% who are satisfied with their health care and wouldn't want to eliminate it in favor of nationalized health care.

Elliot
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 11:59 AM

Ok so you think just because people are satisfied with their health insurance then that is the end of the debate. I wonder out of the 67% who are satisfied how many of them actually use their health insurance (not just check ups etc.. ). I would be willing to bet if those people had to go through the hassle of being kicked out of a hospital because their insurance says that is all they are going to cover would still say they are satisfied. What do you think ET?
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Sep 16, 2009, 12:34 PM
    What a bunch of rednecks, reminds me of my hometown unfortunately. Half of them can't even put together a coherent sentence. Bet they don't even know what czar means or how to spell it properly.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 12:40 PM

Earl half of them thought Obama was the first one to have a czar. Too much teLIEvision for these people.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 03:12 PM

Just saw the video

The filmmaker should contact Michael Moore and see if he has a job available. He displays similar documentary making skills.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Hello again:

I don't think these people are nuts... I thought GW Dufus was going to declare martial law and stop the elections... I'll bet if vice had his way, he would have. The dufus is looking better and better to me... Just like Obama will to you guys when you can finally stop worrying about going bankrupt when you get sick. You're going to LOVE it - just like people LOVE their Medicare.

excon

Sep 17, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    just like people LOVE their Medicare.

excon
    You mean the samer Medicare that Obama is defunding by $1.4 billion to pay for Obamacare?

Yeah... everyone's going to love Obama. Those who like their Medicare are going to love him, and those who don't want government health care are gonnal love him.

>snicker<

Elliot
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Sep 17, 2009, 10:36 AM

Million Med March - Doctors Marching on Washington DC

NOte , the AMA does not represent most doctors, less than 25&#37; of doctors join the AMA

Investors.com - 45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul

-------------------------------------------

Right now I can't link the Facebook poll, but about 70% are against gov run UHC. I know, not scientific, but I would have expected the opposite result among a younger, tech crowd.

G&P
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2009, 11:04 AM

In 70&#37; of Facebook users are outside of the US.

Statistics | Facebook

EDIT: 35 and older are the fastest growing demographic.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2009, 11:13 AM
    Plus there are thousands of "polls" on Facebook at any given moment.

Sep 17, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    In 70% of facebook users are outside of the US.

Statistics | Facebook

EDIT: 35 and older are the fastest growing demographic.
    You mean that people from foreign countries... many of them with government-run health care... are overwhelmingly against government-run healthcare, according to Facebook?

What does that tell you?

Elliot
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2009, 11:38 AM
    It means that the poll was likely set up by liked minded people who forward the poll to their like-minded friends.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2009, 11:40 AM

Et what I was pointing out that out of the 300,000,000 users on Facebook 210,000,000 are not Americans so any poll is pretty much bullsh*t. Well anything from Facebook is pretty much bullsh*t

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Square footage [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a house. It was just what we wanted and our realtor assisted in finding it and successfully negotiated the deal. We had the house inspected and the mortgage company is fine with everything. The house is on MLS as 2000 square feet but in fact is about 1800. We don't really care as the...

How do you put footage dvd footage on tape [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to put dvd clips on to vhs tape like if your making a highlight tape. Because I have a few tapes with footage and one dvd with footage and I'm trying to put a few plays from each tape and a few from the dvd on to one blank tape.

Has the Democratic Party always been the cry-baby Party? [ 21 Answers ]

This is an honest question and I’m looking for an honest answer. Since I can remember Democrats talk about what a lousy country this is and constantly complain about the “unfairness” of life, the “evils” of big business, the never-shrinking scourge of racism and homophobia, and the inevitable...

Square footage [ 6 Answers ]

How do I calculate the square footage of a room

View more questions Search