Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ACE__007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2009, 07:36 PM
    Spark plug doesn't spark while grounded but will if you hold it away from ground
    I have a Honda Z50 that I picked up at a bargain and it wasn't firing if you hold the plug on the head, I noticed if I hold the spark plug about an inch or so away from the head spark will jump from the plug to the head or what ever else you hold it next to or if you just hold it in your hand it will shock you, so I assumed it was a bad coil, I had a little four wheeler here that I robbed the coil off and put it on there, and it worked perfect... I sold the four wheeler the other day so I had to take the coil off the bike and put it back on the atv, I picked up a new coil today and put it on there and it is doing the same thing the old one was doing... what is the deal?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2010, 09:54 AM

I would suspect the plug.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting no spark at plug [ 2 Answers ]

Snapper SR1433 with 14 HP Kohler motor. Won't start. Took plug out & tested -not sparking when you turn motor over. HELP

Briggs 14.5 hp ohv - No spark to spark plug [ 1 Answers ]

Was mowing tall grass when it died. At first there was a small spark at the plug but now there is none. Had been having to use pickup to jump start the Huskee 38" riding mower. Where can I find a schematic for this engine. Model 287707 Type 1224-E1 Code 000531ZD

Where is the Spark Plug? [ 3 Answers ]

For the life of me I CANNOT find the spark plug in my CRAFTSMAN LT1000 riding mower. Is this hidden for a reason?? I have searched everywhere. HELP!!

Black soot on the spark plug,is it the plug. [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn mower plug has black soot on it, what could be the cause of the plug fouling out? It is a 6.0 B&S motor, also is there a certain gap for the plug and if so what is it? This problem just recently came up after 3 years of use and I don't understand what happen.:confused:

Don't get spark from my spark plug wire [ 1 Answers ]

I get spark from my spark plug wire sometimes when I don't the jeep don't start Why I don't get spark sometimes?

View more questions Search