Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Narataru Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

Sep 15, 2009, 06:51 PM
    Gutter System
    I'm installing a downspout around my garage. I don't know if I need an elbow or not, because the gutter around the garage is very close to the wall.
    Thank you.
    Attached Images

hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 15, 2009, 07:38 PM

You can have it your way. The straighter the better as far as drainage. The only thing wrong with what you have is that it is not attached to the wall. The rest is appearance.

You can also do this.
    It actually works better than the 90's because it doesn't get stopped up with leaves as much. Doesn't look a nice but works better.
    Attached Images

KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 08:08 PM

You can leave it like that if you wish, but support it. Flange mounts that are used for plumbing with a 3/8 rod will work, but might be ugly.

They make a flex plastic joint that you can use. Flex-A-Elbow - Gutter Supply
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 17, 2009, 08:16 AM

Elbows are cheap, have you tried attaching 2 elbows tightly together to see if they would fit.
    Tony A Cobb Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 12:40 PM
    What you need is a one piece "downspout offset" or "brick ledge"
    http://www.chattgutter.com/images/Gu...ms_Offset2.gif

You can measure the distance and I can make you a custom one. What color do you need?
    All Gutter Systems of Grandville Michigan - Seamless Gutters, Gutter Installation, and more!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 3, 2012, 01:40 PM
    Hi Tony,
    Welcome to AMHD. Advertising is not permitted on this site but that is a neat gadget, how do you make it.

Also looks like your web site has been hacked.
    Tony A Cobb Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 03:12 PM
    Yeah crazy that it got hacked but we got it fixed now

The machine is an elbow machine. Its quite finicky but it makes jobs look a lot nicer

Carry On!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gutter toppers [ 8 Answers ]

Do gutter toppers really help with the problem of ice build up in the gutters during winter months. This happens even if the gutters have been cleaned. Are they worth the money? I do not have trees in my yard, the neighbors do, so in strong winds I get some debris. I have the gutters cleaned...

Gutter Drainage System [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I am buying a 1921 Bungalow in a week or so and one of my first projects will be to reroute the drainage for all the downspouts. They current drain into a 4" clay tile system that then comes through my basement wall and connects to the city sewer. I know this is a big no-no, but it...

Gutter size [ 1 Answers ]

Is a 3" gutter large enough?

Gutter toppers [ 1 Answers ]

Do gutter toppers really help with the problem of ice build up in the gutters during winter months. This happens even if the gutters have been cleaned. Are they worth the money?

Gutter System [ 2 Answers ]

I'm shopping for new gutters for my home and just want to know the difference between seamless gutters and seamless aluminum gutters.

View more questions Search