Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcstefanick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 07:31 AM
    TV only thin line for picture, has sound
    My Panasonic TV screen only shows a thin line through the middle of the screen. I can hear the sound and the line that's there changes color, etc if I change channels, to match what would be on that channel.
    What causes this and is it worth fixing? Or should I just look for a new TV?
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Oct 29, 2006, 08:02 AM
    There are various circuits inside a television associated with height, width, colour, contrast, brightness, etc of the picture. More than likely the component (which could be one of many) is going to cost a few pence (cents), it's the call out charge for the techie that's going to cost.
    If the television is newish or cost a lot then it may be worth repairing. Your choice... cost of a call out charge + parts versus new television with warranty
    wolfboy Posts: 32, Reputation: 4

Oct 29, 2006, 07:26 PM
    I had a TV that did this I would hit it on the side on the screen went back to normal.
    But after a month or so had to but new TV there was a short in the screen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my dog is too thin [ 8 Answers ]

My doberman is only 2 and she has a healthy appetite but she has always been so thin. You can see her bones. Our other doberman is 1 and she is not skinny at all, they eat the same food at the same times. Why is my 2 yr old so skinny. She doesn't have worms or any other other health issues...

My dog is too thin and eats very little [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I have 4 dogs, 2 of which are Jindo's brother & sister(15 months old). Lucy got off her leash last Monday and by the grace of god found her way back home 2 days later, which I think explains the 5 lbs drop in her weight to 30 lbs. The problem is, at her original weight of 35lbs she was too...

Eyebrows too thin [ 1 Answers ]

Dear madam... iam 21 yrs old ,my eyebrow hair is too thin... one of my friend suggested me to shave it off so that it will grow thicker... is that true.plz do help me out

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

Spewing sound in Freon line [ 3 Answers ]

The Freon line to the central heat and air unit for the second floor unit run across the ceiling of my bedroom. Recently just before the air handler starts I hear a spewing, or gurgling sound. The unit appears to heat/cool OK. Is this something I should be concerned about? The outside unit is...

View more questions Search