Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sirisha2hari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2009, 05:49 AM
    Not promoting to next level
    Hi

I live in Sweden. My daughter is 4 yrs old. She is in preschool, since one year. Last year she was so insecured and didn't leave me for quite long time. After that she was doing well and learning very quick. Actully teachers said that she was little naughty and testing nature. But home she is doing well.
    Now teachers didn't move her into older group with her friends. Is that corret?
    I feel it's just like a punishmet and she is missing her friends. In our city this is the only English school. I can't even change school.
    Please give me your suggessions

Bye
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 15, 2009, 06:20 AM
    It sounds as though she is not mentally or emotionally ready to move up. Moving a child up when they are not ready can be really damaging to the child.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2009, 02:04 PM

Retaining a child is often a very positive move.

It insures the child is not burdened with a curriculum that is beyond their grasp,either emotionally or intellectually.

Teachers do not make this determination lightly and I think you should trust their professional judgment.

Very often a child who is retained really shines and gains the needed tools to move on the next year.

See it as the positive that it is.She will benefit from the added instruction and routine and structure.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 15, 2009, 02:13 PM
    I held my daughter back in kindergarten. While she was intellectually ready to move on, she was not emotionally. She is now a straight A student in high school and I don't regret holding her back for a second.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2009, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sirisha2hari View Post
    Hi

I live in Sweden. My daughter is 4 yrs old. She is in preschool, since one year. Last year she was so insecured and didn't leave me for quite long time. After that she was doing well and learning very quick. Actully teachers said that she was little naughty and testing nature. But home she is doing well.
    Now teachers didn't move her into older group with her friends. Is that corret?
    I feel it's just like a punishmet and she is missing her friends. In our city this is the only English school. I can't even change school.
    Please give me your suggessions

bye
    What is the curriculum like? Is this due to more of the teachers not feeling she is ready socially or academically to move on? Did they give any specific reasons for not moving her up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Promoting resort [ 6 Answers ]

How do I write a good marketing letter about promoting my resort to various corporate companies?

Promoting my website [ 118 Answers ]

I have been working on setting up a web site to promote my artwork. It's finally as put together as it's going to get right now. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to promote it. it's set up through Google sites, so I imagine it's already able to be found that way. I'm...

Promoting healing [ 5 Answers ]

My 14 yr. old son plays sports and is constantly bruised or has muscle aches and sprains is there vitamins or any alternative to promote healing? I am concerned about giving him anti imflamatory meds

Event promoting [ 2 Answers ]

Do give the details of my event to the nightclub owner before the club is booked??

View more questions Search