Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    felix23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 11:19 PM
    Can I join national guard while I'm on probation .
    Can I still join national guard while I'm on probation have a 3rd drgee felony 4 att burlary my p.o officer said I get relase in 2010 of April but I want to join now. and on the mean while should I go for my .g.. e.. d because of problems I droped out of high school in the 9th grade .

Please help.
    bmc_imr4308 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Sep 19, 2009, 03:39 PM
    It's a good thing I looked at your question. I'm in the national guard. No you won't be able to join while on probation. Another thing is if you don't have a GED they will send you to some military base so you can get it. If you have any other questions about the guard in general let me know.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 19, 2009, 05:12 PM

First just without a GED you will have some trouble gettig in. And no, unless the PO and/or the judge will allow it, plus with such a criminal record getting in can also be hard
    airborneranger7 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 04:36 AM

They just recently came out and said that no one with a felony will be allowed in because the Guard has a surplus of soldiers. Sorry man
    felix23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bmc_imr4308 View Post
    It's a good thing I looked at your question. I'm in the national guard. No you wont be able to join while on probation. Another thing is if you don't have a GED they will send you to some military base so you can get it. If you have any other questions about the guard in general let me know.

Even if I get a wavier I can't join because my sentence is almost up.. yeah I know that they will send me to a g.e.d. plus program
    VSESSAH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 03:29 AM
    Not only do you not qualify for enlistment into the national guard also you have to wait a minimum (with no waivers for time allowed) 6mths. This is for reporting probation only which means you have a assigned p.o. Etc. You visit your p.o. Etc... im a recruiter so trust me on this one. National guard recruiter ssg
    KSpringer1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 02:12 PM
    Comment on bmc_imr4308's post
    Sir this may sound weird or whatever but,Im looking to join as well.I do have felonies but no PO what can I do to stat this new life for my family. My email Is [email protected]
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 11:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KSpringer1 View Post
    Sir this may sound weird or whatever but,Im looking to join as well.I do have felonies but no PO what can I do to stat this new life for my family. My email Is [email protected]
    Talk to the recruiter in the branch you're interested in. I am a Marine Corps. Reservist and you CANNOT join the Marine Corps. With a felony conviction...

P.S. Don't put your email address on a public Q&A site. You're just asking for spammers...
    KSpringer1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2011, 05:21 PM
    Comment on ITstudent2006's post
    Your right about the spammers. This info I needed was for the National Guard not Marines Corp,I appreciate the help you gave by the way.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 10, 2011, 08:24 PM

I know what you said. I didn't tell you to go talk to the Marines. I said talk to the recruiter for the service you like. The whole Marine Corps. Thing was an example of how they're all different and for you to believe no one online. Talk to a recruiter!
    lynsi30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2013, 09:40 PM
    So once I get off probation and pay all fines I can join the national guard? I also don't have my ged, and you said they will send me to get it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air National Guard, good move for prior service? [ 1 Answers ]

Former active duty USAF enlisted troop here, seriously considering the ANG as an option for returning to service and eventual commission as a technical officer. Recently learned that I have exceeded the age limit to return to active service (cut off is 28), and that I may not have time to...

National Guard and Probation [ 2 Answers ]

What happens when your serving the national guard and you are put on probation while still serving.

National Guard Info/future readings [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Whitney. I'm nervous about my future and would love a reading from someone who is gifted in such, short or long, reading is a friend of mine. I will take anything you have, good or bad. I would just like to know if I can do this. Advice is always welcomed and carefully read...

Recruit Sustainment Program For the National Guard [ 4 Answers ]

I have not been enlisted for very long in the Ohio Army National Guard and am in Recruit Sustainment Program. I need to get out of going my girlfriend has became pregnet and I don't want to leave her so she has a better chance of finishing High School if I am around. I've heard that since I haven't...

View more questions Search