Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joedadeo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 08:56 PM
    Pouring concrete deck post footings along with a patio
    I'm building a 2ND story deck and a main floor concrete patio.
    My footings for the deck post will be in the middle of the lower concrete patio.
    Would it be best to pour all the concrete at once.
    Or would it matter if I poured the footings first, then the patio slab.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete patio with deck post footings in the middle [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if it would be best to pour the concrete all at once, Or should I pour the footings,and then cover the footings with the slab. My thought on this is that if the footing settles it may have less chance of cracking the patio slab.As long as I isolate the anchor bolt from the...

Pouring concrete pier for deck in disturbed soil [ 5 Answers ]

I am pouring piers for an exterior deck soon, but upon digging the holes, I realize/remember that close to the house the earth was dug out and back-filled for the basement. That was 3 years ago, but the earth is still really easy to dig through in some places. It is clay. My questions are: (1)...

Wood deck over broken, uneven concrete patio [ 2 Answers ]

I have a broken and uneven concrete patio - I don't want to remove it - I want to cover it with a wood deck... it is fairly stable - can I just put in small posts and level it and use it as a base for the new patio ?

Building a deck over concrete patio [ 1 Answers ]

I am in process of building a deck over the top of and old concrete patio. I have just enough room to put girder against the concrete and then the joist on top of that. My question is, how do I fasten the gerder to the concrete? I was going to put a double girder in cause of the size of deck I am...

Wood Deck over Concrete Patio [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to build a deck over my concrete patio but the problem is I have only about 4 1/2 inches between between slab and top of concrete house slab. Therefore, I can only use 2x4s for supporting the low profile deck. All deck do it yourself books recommend a minimum 2x6 for deck joists. Is...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.