Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mike 32568 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 08:45 PM
    New construction clean up
    I do a lot of residential new construction clean up, but I will be bidding a 4 storie hotel and I'm not sure of the going rate. I don't have the specs yet. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 14, 2009, 11:05 PM

Read the specifications in detail.

Is this a 'broom clean' or a 'final clean' (ready to move in clean)?

If there will be large pieces of trash/garbage/drywall/etc will you or the contractor provide the dumpsters?

Will this be a one time clean up or a progressive clean after they have finished an area? In either case get a 'sign off' for each area/floor as it is cleaned. Walk the area with a rep from the contractor and get the sign off that it meets approval.

Check to see if there is a specified date of completion and are there any penalties (monetary) if you do not comply.

Time and materials is the best way to go with a price cap. However this is not usually what the contractor desires. They usually want a lump price.

You said that you don't have the specs as yet, do you know the total 'cleanable square footage?

Find out if you will be responsible for the final floor work (hard and carpet).

If the contractor has had a 'broom clean' done by the time that you start, your pricing can be less.

I figure these jobs using these three methods combined;

Total square footage, priced by the sq ft.

Total man hours plus overhead, supplies and equipment costs.

And knowing what your competitors current pricing mode is, to be competitive.

Stringer
    Mike 32568 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2009, 07:57 PM

Stringer, thank you for the information. I hope to get the specs next week. I usually get .30 to .35 cents sq ft for comercial clean up, I was figuring .22 to .25 for the hotel I'm guesing about 100,000 sq ft. Probably .22 and exterior windows will be extra. Thank you again for your help.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 15, 2009, 08:09 PM

Good, I wish you luck, in a lot of areas now with this economy you are lucky just to find jobs to bid.

$22,000.00, that may be a bit low IMO it all depends on exactly what is in those specs Mike. Be careful and study them in detail.

Again---good luck and please keep me posted on your progress.

I would be interested to see what is in the specs after you have had a chance to study them.

When is the bid due?

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Post construction clean up [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! This is my first time doing post construction clean up. This project consist in a 104 hotel rooms include 1 bath each, receiving area, halls, windows etc.. I have done houses before but not this tipe of work How much I'll have to charge for the complete cleaning. In south Texas. I need an...

Construction clean-up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I'm looking into doing new construction clean-up but don't quite know how to bid on such a job. What do you suggest? Thanks, mjjolley

Construction job clean-up [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, eveyone I have just been award the cleanup job for a dunkin donuts, however I have not clue how to charge this job. I've been in the cleaning business for several years now. I normally clean rental, domestic properties and construction houses. Since God has moved the guys I work for in...

Construction Clean up [ 1 Answers ]

I have started a construction cleanup company and I want to know how do I estimate? Is it by the spuare feet or by the hour

View more questions Search