Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noor301 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 05:47 AM
    Accounting research topic
    I published my question before but I can't find it . Anyway I want help choosing atopic for my research I was thinking about some as

1. GAAP vs IFRS
    2. the IRSB response to the accounting issues emerging from the global financial crisis .

I can't find enpough references for both topics . I want help if you know any references or any more interesting topic . Please help I need this research for my graduation .

Thanks
    Valentino007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 09:40 AM

Hello
    Valentino007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 09:43 AM
    Cowher Co. Hinson Co.

equipment cost 450,000 825,000
    Accumulated depreciation 145,000 525,000
    Fair market value of equipment 280,000 350000
    cash received (paid) (70,000) 70,000

Cowher and Hinson traded the above equipment. The exchange has commercial usage, make JE
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 01:13 AM

Valentino, please start a new thread for your question. It just confuses things to have different things going on in the same thread, especially since yours has nothing to do with the original.

Also please read the guidelines for posting homework problems:
    Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 01:18 AM
    Noor, I think you could take #1 and make it more interesting by delving into the advantages/disadvantages of switching to one international method and the practicality of doing so. However, I can't give you much help in finding material for that. I'm fairly terrible at searching for anything beyond simple. LOL.

Sep 15, 2009, 02:37 PM

Thanks for replying I just got anew idea , I do that every day changing my mind lol , any way I'm thinking of something like ( the challenges facing graduates under US GAAP in using IFRS ) I really don't know yet I'm running out of time what do you think??

Sep 15, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Don't you have any suggestions of data bases I can use?? Thank you
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 05:31 PM

I like your idea, and it's a bit connected to my idea. For instance, the challenge is one of the disadvantages. And it's not just a challenge for graduates. In reality, it's more of a challenge for non-recent graduates. I should know. :rolleyes: Doing anything "global" when I was in school (accounting or otherwise) was usually elective stuff, and we didn't have such a class in the accounting department. And I'm sure people elsewhere were not learning GAAP -- things were much less organized back then anyway. (Like most of Europe.) So recent graduates actually have the advantage.

You could limit it down to graduates, but that will most definitely apply to non-recent graduates as well. Might depend on how much info you can find and how long it has to be, and if you have to "expand" the topic a bit. ;) If you need some more "filler" one of the challenges is going to be dealing with U.S. tax law, so you could start looking into that as well.
    rehmanvohra Posts: 739, Reputation: 27

Sep 16, 2009, 12:45 AM

I published my question before but I can't find it . Anyway I want help choosing atopic for my research I was thinking about some as

1. GAAP vs IFRS
    2. the IRSB {I think it is IASB}response to the accounting issues emerging from the global financial crisis .

I can't find enpough references for both topics . I want help if you know any references or any more interesting topic . Please help I need this research for my graduation .
    There are so many websites which will surely help you. I have used the following sites:
    Iasplus.com - Deloitte
    Pwc.com - Price Waterhouse Coopers
    Kpmg.com
    Ey.com - Ernst and Young

The premier UK examining bodies have issued discussion papers on both the topics:
    Accaglobal.com
    Cimaglobal.com

If you need further help, you are most welcome to contact me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Research topic in accounting [ 2 Answers ]

I need a research topic in either accounting or business finance. I am waiting for your response

Management Accounting Research Topic [ 1 Answers ]

I have to write a research paper for Management Accounting (or Cost Acct whichever you want to call it) and I don't have a clue what a good topic would be. Any ideas?

Accounting research paper topic [ 10 Answers ]

Hey I have to wirte a research paper for accounting and I'm having trouble coming up with a good idea on what to write about. It can be abount anything in accounting, onlt thing is that it has to be 10 pages long. If anyone had any topic suggestions ide appreciate it. Thanks

Accounting research topic [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to write my research in finance and accounting and I need ideas on what I can research on. Please help.

Accounting research topic for dissertation [ 3 Answers ]

I have to write a 10, 000 words dissertation on topics relating to accounting or finance for my undergraduate project. I'm having trouble finding a suitable research topic since I need to conduct a primary research for this dissertation. Please help provide some ideas or suggestions. Thanks.

View more questions Search