Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessica_whittle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 03:14 AM
    Physical Symptoms after a dream
    :confused:I suddenly awoke in the middle of the night and I immediately noticed that I couldn't move my upper body and that my arms, hands, legs, face, and head were completely numb. When I regained my ability to move I notced that my vision was extremely blurry and I was hallucinating. Ive been awake for about 2 hours and my vision is still blurry. I don't remember anything I dreamt about except for me randomly saying "no" "stop" and "dont touch me". I never talk in my sleep and this one caused me to scream outloud. What does all this mean? Did something maybe take over me for a moment? Why don't I remember anyone else being in the dream as well?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2009, 03:46 AM

Sleep Paralysis

It's normal and many people experience it. During it you're in a dreamlike state and normally you get some nasty nightmares in that state. I'm not sure about the blurriness, you're probably in a bit of shock as this is the first time this has happened to you?

One thing I'm sure of: Nothing paranormal is going on.
    jessica_whittle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 07:28 AM
    That kind of makes sense. But what about the hallucinations? It wasn't just a split second hallucination it lasted awhile. And its now like 6 hours later and they are still blurry. And yea this is my first time and it was very very intense.
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Sep 15, 2009, 02:27 PM

I agree with the above staement Capuchin, your probably still in shock, yes even 6 hours later! Your eyes could be very tired from the shock of it all. It is nasty when it happens, happened to me quite a few times. I was convinced it was something paranormal myself as that's what it feels like, and also feel as though someone's in the room with you. But it wasn't anything like that, its not sleep paraylsis either!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did I dream this horrible dream? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know whether I should've posted this under philosophy, but I couldn't find anything closer to the subject "dreams". Anyway... Last night, I had a horrible dream and I don't know why. I dreamed this tall, skinny white man was chasing me trying to kill me. My dream jumped from 3 different...

Crazy Dream: Need Interpetation: Spirit present in dream [ 11 Answers ]

This is a long and strange dream so be patient but, I guarantee you'll have fun with it. This dream has several movements so bare with me, they all came in succession. Phase 1- I'm the son of a wealthy arab woman. She dotes on my quite heavily, seems I'm her favorite son. In a few days, I'm to...

Physical exaustoin and flu symptoms [ 9 Answers ]

Lately I've been feeling very cold while everyone is boiling... ive beeen getting pain in places I don't usually get pain in.. ive been feeling overly tired and exahsted and for the past two days I've felt the signs of flu but I haven't gotten to the actual flu bit Can someone seriously explain to...

View more questions Search