Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sokrayz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 08:38 PM
    Ash is opposite of red right..?
    My natural haircolor is a very light brown, maybe even considered dark blonde, with warm tone (shines orange). At my temples though it is more of an ash blonde and the shine is more platinum. I want that to be my allover hair color. I've read all about blue and green cancelling out the red, and for everyone else I guess it works. I have dyed my hair in home 2 with an ash blonde and brown dye... did not work. I have also had it done professionally 1-2 times. Every time I dye it the red undertones are still there and it eventually turns that brassy color no matter what color I dye it. I am tired of the brassy and I'm tired of my red undertones! What do I need to do to get the Ash blonde with platinum shine that is present naturally at my temples?

I am really frustrated. I change things pretty often but everytimeI change it always turns back to red. Maybe I will just dye it black... :-(
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 29, 2006, 09:15 PM
    Using an ash color with a green base will neutralize the red tones. You should use an ash color that's close to your natural hair color. For instance, if your hair color is very light brown, then you will need to use a "very light ash brown" hair color. If it doesn't tone down the red, please go to the salon and have them correct the color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ash color on ends [ 1 Answers ]

I got my hair colored last night. The ends of my hair are an ashy color. It doesn't look bad but just not what I wanted. My mother said that with time and washing it should start fading and that it will be OK. She said that there are some shampoos that I could get that will put more golden...

Ash in hair [ 1 Answers ]

I was blonde last week and went in for low lights. I told my hairdresser NOT to put any ash in my hair. Well she did without saying anything to me. I called back in a few days to tell her I thought it looked green/gray and she told me she put ash in it.:mad: I went back in for color correction and...

Ash to reddish [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday, on the suggestion of some of my friends, I had my blonde hair (not natural but I've had it blonde for years) darkened by getting lowlights, close to my natural color of dark blonde. I had asked my stylist for Jennifer Anistinish light brown, bringing in a pic that showed slight reddish...

Is this Prickly Ash? [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out if I have Prickly Ash growing everywhere in my yard. I have my doubts that it is, but my husband says so. They are very thin red stems with tons of spiny thorns all up and doen them. They just started blooming white flowers. I have a serious infestation and need to get...

View more questions Search