Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sisterleader Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2009, 07:14 PM
    Medical Care
    Most systems of medical insurance substantially lower the out-of-pocket costs consumers have to pay for additional units of medical services, eventually reducing to zero. How does this method of payment affect the consumption of medical services
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2009, 11:41 AM

The out of pocket cost to health insuree's is capped by the policy holder per the premiums paid by the insuree. The insurer, if it's an employer policy, can raise not only the cap maximum but also the premium each renewal period.
    This is a two way deal. If the use of medical services increases by employees of the plan, at renewal time they can increase the cap/premium to ensure profit.
    Use of medical services is dictated by the diagnosis of the physician. i.e. a cancer diagnosis in a three month period can reduce the cap to zero. Caps include all medical services - i.e. lab tests, treatments, hospitalizations, diagnostic tests and doctors fees.
    The insuree who has a cap of say $3,000 or the insuree who has a cap of $10,000 would still get same medical services. Only difference, the insuree would pay, $7,000 more out of their money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Great medical care everywhere [ 41 Answers ]

I looked up sites on the NHS and how they with hold treatment and so forth. I also believe this happens in the US. I have neighbors that this same thing has happened to. Daughter claims father wrongly placed on controversial NHS end of life scheme - Telegraph So you really want to believe...

Cosigning a loan under medical care [ 4 Answers ]

My father cosigned a loan for my niece while he was under medical care and chemotherapy. She basically took advantage of him and now she has not paid the loan since it became due 3 months ago and my father is receiving overdue notices and will have his credit jeopardized. Is there a way they can...

Medical Care in North Dakota [ 2 Answers ]

Medical Care in North Dakota .A doctor in Bismarck wanted to get off work and go hunting, so he approached his assistant. 'Ole, I am goin huntin' tomorrow and don't want to close the clinic. I want you to take care of the clinic and take . care of all my patients'. 'Yes, sir!' answers...

US Health Care Problems and Medical Tourism? [ 24 Answers ]

I'm very curious about others outlook on this subject. Health care in the US is a big problem and the majority of the Population go without because it's not affordable or they have pre existing illnesses and are turned down by insurance companies. Has anyone heard pro/cons about medical...

View more questions Search