tata85usa Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2009, 05:02 PM
    Gum inflammation and pregnant
    I have gum inflammation it's a first day
    I am also pregnant help
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2009, 07:36 PM
    You may have the start of pregnancy gingivitis. Hormones are playing havoc on your gum tissues. You need to be very diligent with your dental care during your pregnancy. Brush with a soft toothbrush 2 times a day and clean between your teeth with dental floss, soft picks, stimudents, proxabrush(go between), or a rubber tip once a day. If your gums are bleeding you can rinse with warm salt water or use Crest ProHealth to rinse with after brushing.

Poor oral health during pregnancy has been linked to pre-term delivery and low birth weight of the newborn.

If it has been more than 6 months since your last dental cleaning, schedule one as soon as you can.

Sep 14, 2009, 07:33 PM

Is it safe to clean during pregnancy?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2009, 08:01 PM
    Definitely safe AND very important!

Sep 15, 2009, 05:07 AM

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inflammation in my dog's neck [ 2 Answers ]

A couple days ago my dog started making coughing/heavy breathing noises. The next morning he had a large kind of inflammation from his throat. At that point it was solid to touch. As of today it is much softer, like it's all liquid. It just hangs from his neck. It doesn't seem to be painful for him...

Inflammation of the uterine cells [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody! Ok, I have a quick question here. I just got my results back after my annual exam. The doctor told me that my pap results were normal, but my uterine cells showed some inflammation. She said that in my case this was nothing to worry about, happens to people frequently, and that I...

Gum Inflammation [ 6 Answers ]

My friend has a gum inflammation. What procedure would the dentist go for? He is afraid of what the dentist would say... what do u recommend?

Alternative for Surgery for my Dog with Inflammation of Neck [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old Belgian Shepard named Stella. She has a large inflammation in the right side of her neck which we have been treating with Baytril, a very strong antibiotic for over a month now. The drugs have helped reduce the size, but about halfway through, it seems to get bigger again. ...

View more questions Search