Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cgpete Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2009, 02:26 PM
    video plays
    While I'm working the computer a video appears automatically. How do I get rid of it? I click the X and that does it temporarily but I want it gone permanently.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2009, 05:40 PM

What video? Any more info?
    cgpete Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 11:10 AM

When I am doing my email or on the Internet out of the blue a video will appear. They are about people, dogs etc. doing goofy things. There's nothing to identify it, therefore have no way of uninstalling it. Is very annoying. It started a couple of days ago and have no idea why or how it happened.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 14, 2009, 11:12 AM

Sounds like some form of adware. I would install malwarebytes from Malwarebytes.org and see if that helps take care of it.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2009, 12:20 PM

As mentioned above, install and run malwarebytes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kid who plays video games [ 4 Answers ]

Again me... I need a title for this movie. I remember some boy who got away from his house with some friends. And they go to some town where some competition is set. He plays some video games and wins. In the end he went back home to his family... That' s all I can remember...

VCR plays video from one show, audio from another [ 3 Answers ]

My RCA 4 head VCR just recently acting up. After I record a show from the TV and watch it, it plays the video from the show I taped, but the audio from something else on the tape. Is this a problem with the heads? Can they be adjusted in any way? If so, is this easy to do or should a repair shop...

Why does my Sondy DVD/Video player only play sound when playing video tapes? [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Sony DVD/Video player. This is hooked up to a Vizio TV. Our TV is hooked up to Direct TV satellite dish. When I play a DVD it works fine, sound and picture. When I switch it to Video, I only get sound. There are 5 cable lines hooked up to the back of the DVD/Video player. On one...

An 80s movie about a kid who plays video games [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for the name of a movie, I think it was an 80s movie about a kid who was in a competition playing video games... like game wizard or something...

View more questions Search