Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zaina_BS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 11:47 PM
    Panasonic Projection TV model TX-51p100 broke down
    Yesterday my TV display image was dimmed and after few hours it went off totally. I turn on the set again, the green led displayed for few seconds and a small chirping sound was heard and then the power button blink twice red light, paused and continue repeadtedly in this fashion. That is, twice red light pause and on it goes. Six months ago I sent it for repair and from what I read on the internet perhaps for a fuse blown off because the problem then the TV cannot start. That repairman ripped me off with a $500 bill. TV is about 6 yrs now and this is the second time it acted up. Anyone have any idea as to the cause of this problem? Thanks in advance
    fyregoddess Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2009, 11:39 PM

Sounds like your lamp went out-the picture went dark and then no picture usually indicates a lamp failure call the manufacturer they should have agants to troubleshoot your problem and if you need repair can find you an authorized repair center.
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Sep 27, 2009, 09:21 PM
    Zaina,

First of all, thank you for listing the model number of your TV set. You wouldn't believe how many people ask questions without specifying a model, making it hard for any expert to know enough details to hazard a guess at what might be wrong.

I haven't been able to find a service manual, but I believe this set doesn't use a lamp (LCD type) but rather a CRT (cathode ray tube).

The 'chirp' is often a symptom of a power supply failure, so this would be my suspicion. Time for another visit to the serviceman I'm afraid.

Daniel

Sep 27, 2009, 09:25 PM
    :):(
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Sep 27, 2009, 11:21 PM
    fyregoddess,

This forum is for helping people who have problems; it's not a competition about who knows more than who-else.

I didn't mean to offend you with my comments; I was trying to be helpful to Zaina. And I'm sorry to say you made a number of errors in your last post. But it's not for me to correct them - that won't help the asker one bit (just confuse them even more).

If you want to understand a little more about television receivers, ask your own questions. There are many people here who can help.

Daniel

Sep 27, 2009, 11:34 PM
    :o:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Manual for my Panasonic Rear Projection 47x54 TV [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a 47x54 rear projection Panasonic TV from MTF a few weeks ago. When you turn the TV on there is a "pop up" of sorts. Top right on screen which shows channel and a few other things but says "shift on recommended" What does that mean and how do I get a manual for this TV? Thanks!...

Panasonic TV model PT-40Lc12 [ 1 Answers ]

I changed the bulb in this TV. The green light blinks, but the picture never comes up. I heard about changing the fuse, any help with how to go about finding and performing that function?

View more questions Search