Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 05:29 PM
    Unable to restore saved back up disks.
    I used Nero as a program. I used it a while back to save my documents and other files like pictures and videos , etc. I used the Nero back up program to do it.

Now I am trying to restore this back up because my computer is done, and I do not want to lose any pictures and videos or documents the problem is that everything is in NOC form and none of my players or trying to restore any of the files none of my programs recognize that form. Even with Nero program to restore these files nothing works.

I am at a loss of what to do. When I took apart my old computer, I took out the hard drive and saving it so hoping that I can bring it some where to hopefully retrieve those files/pics/video.

Thank you for your help.

Joe
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 10:57 PM
    So, you reinstalled Nero Backup on the new computer and then attempted to use it to restore the previously backed up data and it didn't work? What was the error message? Where did you backup your data to?

Since you have the old hard drive, it may be simpler to just connect it to the new computer and copy your files over to the new drive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restore a laptop to factory w/out disks [ 4 Answers ]

I have acquired a laptop and need to know how to restore the factory defaults on a acer travelmate 2410 without the restore disk.

Unable to restore system [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir, When I restored my computer it was showing the system can't be restored.Sir my OS is XP Service pack 2 and I want to know what is the problem that it is not restoring.Sir tell me something about Corrupted files because when I told this problem to one of my bosom friend he told it due...

Plumbers are unable to find blockage in my line and yet I have back up in basement [ 4 Answers ]

I have had 3 different plumbers to my home to find out why the water is backing up into my basement shower and some say the lines are clear, one says I have a collapsed line although they can run the auger 200 ft. and the city says their ends are clear. I don't know where to go now. Please help...

System restore - unable to restore [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to use the system restore. It keeps coming back cannot be restored. I have created a date and then tried to restore and still says it is unable to restore. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search