Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debbahead1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 05:02 PM
    The LCD screen on my Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P10 went dark, can I fix it?
    I dropped my camera and the LCD screen went dark, cannot even see to adjust things on the menu. Is there anything I can do?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 05:24 PM

If you shine a flashlight on it, can you see anything?

Sep 16, 2009, 07:33 AM
    Yes, but it is extremely faint.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2009, 07:57 AM

This means that the backlight or backlight driver is bad. The backlight is a very small fluorescent tube.

I found a used display on eBay. Sony DSC-P10 LCD Digital Camera Repair Part - eBay (item 320394516879 end time Oct-04-09 06:56:49 PDT)

The display is No longer available as new from Sony.

I found a DSC-P10 service manual here: http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.p...service-repair

LCD screens are about $120 new.

The service manual may be: Encompass Parts Distribution

Here is what's involved in replacing a display, although it's not your camera.
    http://camerarepaired.blogspot.com/2...-canon_25.html

Sep 16, 2009, 08:05 AM
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. Somebody dropped my old camera so I ordered this one off e-bay and it came like brand new in the box. I dropped it the first time I tried to use it for my own e-bay stuff! Very frustrating!:mad:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC S700 - blurry pictures [ 7 Answers ]

I have had my camera for a little over a year and majority of the pictures I take come out blurry. When the blurry pictures are taken, a red light flashes on the corner of the camera... I have tried looking this up in the manual but there is nothing about why this red light flashes. It sucks...

Sony Cyber-shot camera [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with a question about my camera. If any of you have this type of camera and its happened to you before, please let me know what to do. I have a sony cybershot and tonight I went to take a picture with the flash and it everytime I hit the flash button it does like this three or four...

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-T10 (Broken LCD Screen) [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much money I can get for my Sony Cyber-Shot digital camera DSC-T10 , that has a broken LCD screen? (The camera was used for 7 months, until the screen broke) Thanks.

View more questions Search