Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4robert6 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 03:46 PM
    Converting slides to pictures
    I found some old slides that I took over 25 years ago. I would like to transfer those pictures to my computer. How do I do this?
    goatsinmonterey Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 04:12 PM

Here I found this for you... not something typical just that it might help with your question if not try kinko's.
    Put Slides on Computer Put Slides on Computer | Put Slides on Computer Computers Put Slides on Computer Computers Put Slides on Computer Computers Put Slides on Computer Computers
    And I do love researching areas...
    Slide Scanners - photo.net
    This guy I think, Philip Greenspun actually succeeded making photo from slides.
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Sep 12, 2009, 05:14 PM

You need to have your slides scanned. Most photo stores offer this service, or you can search for services on the internet and then mail your slides to the for scanning. Be sure to check their references and know if they send your slides overseas or scan locally.

It's possible but usually impractical to scan the slides yourself. You can't use an ordinary flat-bed scanner, you need a scanner that is designed to scan slides. There's also a fair amount of skill that goes into preparing (cleaning) and placing the slides, as well as understanding the software settings to get the best scan. It's best to leave this to the professionals unless you have thousands of slides to scan.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 05:23 PM

I just had three done locally. $1 per scan and $5.00 to burn to a CD.

The overzealous employee saw some work and did it all wrong because my film size wasn't 35 mm which they are used to.
    I had to color correct them.

An old friend did it to his father's collection by buying a Nichon scanner. $800 or so for the scanner. I probably have about 1000 slides. I could borrow his if/when I decide to do mine.

Then there is labeling/captioning and creating slde programs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting powerpoint slides into avi [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Sir, Please help me how I can make an *.avi file while using the power point xp slides... whould you like to help me... In this matter... Thanks Sir I have another question whould you like to help me... The question is How I can seprate the only music without vocals. I want...

My childhood on slides [ 2 Answers ]

I just gained custody of all of the families slides, without a projector. Mom doesn't know where it is. I found a nice one on eBay but it only uses the small 2 inch slides. I have lots of 3 inch slides that won't fit. Are there any projectors that take those anymore ? Also I read someone...

Looking for PVC Coupler (that slides inside a PVC) [ 1 Answers ]

My brother teaches Science at his Elementary School, and for the past month I've been helping my brother make Water Bottle Rockets. The problem we are having is the lost of pressure from the launch tube. Like to maintain 125 PSI for 24 hours. We tried the rubber stopper which works well, but...

Fuzzy digital DVD slides [ 1 Answers ]

I use Nero 6 to make DVD slideshows. Shown on my TV the slides are fuzzy although I have an 8 megapixel camera. My prints are fine and my TV works fine. What is the trick?

View more questions Search