Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mandy6358 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 02:37 PM
    How computers work
    Explain computers are able to take words entered on a keyboard translate them into digital information.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 04:55 PM

I'd like to take you back to the early days of computers and ASCII.
    This was a code that encoded characters into 8 binary digits.

There were no fonts, languages, sizes etc. Just basic encoding.

ASCII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    zerihun_m Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 11:44 PM

Sir
    Computers are digital electronics that accepts data ,process , store and retrive it .the data first converted to binary digit (bit ).this bits are 0 & 1 ,which understandable by the computer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2009, 01:04 AM

A computer is nothing more than a series of switches. Each switch has two states; on and off. This is represented using the binary numbering system where 0 = off and 1 = on. Each switch is referred to as a bit.

There is then software that reads the bits and translates them into instructions that the CPU processes. Those instructions may be simply to display a character on the keyboard or to perform some calculation or other action.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I do not know very much about computers, and I need help. [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to install a program into my PC, and I am getting an error message: Error 1327. Invalid Drive: E:\

Zt computers [ 2 Answers ]

Need info about zt computers. Never heard of them

Before Computers. [ 1 Answers ]

An application was for employment A program was a TV show A cursor used profanity A keyboard was a piano! Memory was something that you lost with age A CD was a bank account And a floppy disk was something Terribly wrong in your back.

Two computers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can someone help me with the following I need to connect two computers together so I can read the information of one of them whilst at the other my only problem is one of the PC is at my place of work and the other is at my home what is the best way to do this

View more questions Search