Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joneus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2003, 09:02 PM
    Goldfish with funny eyes...
    ? Recently I've noticed that my Red-Capped Oranda goldfish, Bacardi, has been growing what looks like thick blisters over his eyes. They don't seem to be bothering him, and he has no trouble navigating the fishtank or finding food at dinner time- but I'm not sure how well he can see. None of my other fish seem to be affected by this weird condition... Should I be concerned? If so, what should I do ?
    Thanks!
    rrt69 Posts: 89, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2003, 11:53 PM
    Take him/her to the vet because I'm not sure but I think it may be eye crap
    EVS Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Feb 16, 2004, 06:29 AM
    Normally these goldfish are bred that way and live their lives quite normally. However, I do fell that it is cruel to do this.
    blkbrd1116 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2004, 11:47 PM
    This should not happen to red cap oranda's. Without seeing it its hard to tell exactly what it is. It most likely is a fungus or something like pop-eye. This does not always affect other fish in the tank, but it is a sign that your water conditions are not ideal. I would take a water sample to a fish store to be tested for first; nitrate, ammonia, nitrite. And see how they turn out, maybe consider picking up some type of anti-fungal medicine or something of the sorts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Air Pumps for Goldfish [ 9 Answers ]

Odd, but I won 2 goldfish at the carnival 3 days ago. I went to Petsmart and bought a proper fish tank (2.5 gallons), bedding gravel, and plants for them. Since my father is the ultimate money saver, he insisted that we didn't need an air pump or filter. I saw the fish gulping for air on the...

Goldfish gulping at water line [ 4 Answers ]

Thank you for visiting my question.. I have two young fancy goldfish Bob is a black moor about 1.5 in, Pearl is a Pearl Scale about 2in.. and of course I have Nascar the snail. I have a 20 gal tank for the moment with a 25 gal biowheel and a airstone. My tank is 0 on the ammonia, 7 ph, nitrite...

The Sun in your Eyes? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need once again another song discoveration :). Okay, if anyone has Sky Digital, there was a... advertisement.. of sorts.. of Late Night films, I think some of the song goes "The sun in your eyes". Hopefully this could help.

Goldfish [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goldfish in my water garden and it's forever upside down. It swims for a little while the correct way then it's either facing down with it's tail up or upside down. Should I be worried about this.

View more questions Search