Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bcox928 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 10:43 AM
    John Deere 160 Lawn Tractor
    How do you adjust the clutch? The mower keeps on going when you mash the clutch in.
    There doesn't seem to be an adjustment.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 10:52 AM

Hi,
    There is an idler in the front in a "J" shaped slot that needs to be in the middle of the slot when tightened. Too far in either direction and you know the result.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere 160 lawn tractor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a john deere 160 lawn tractor that won't start. Was running great. Next time zi went to use it, it wouldn't start. Pulled the plug it didn't look bad but I replaced it anyway. Still no start. Checked and no spark. Bought a new coil still nothing. Gap is good on the plug and the coil. Nothing...

John deere lt 190 lawn tractor [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know how to adjust the reverse pedal on a john derre lt 190 lawn tractor? The pedal does not go down far enough and therefore goes very slow in reverse. Thanks

John Deere Lawn Tractor [ 1 Answers ]

Have a model LA110 automatic. Believe the starter solenoid has gone bad. Cannot find parts list anywhere. Need part number for starter solenoid. Also, need instructions on how to "jump" the solenoid with the battery to start mower until I get new part. Thanks in advance for any help you can...

John Deere 318 lawn tractor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering how I can get a wiring diagram for a John Deere 318 lawn tractor? I have found everything on the web except the diagram.

View more questions Search