Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Isafjordur Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 09:39 AM
    I found a small brown dot on my scrotum. I´m 15, is this normal or bad?
    Hello, I read online that black dots are a sign of cancer of the testes, but it´s just brown not black. I also checked for lumps, and I didn´t find any. I´m a little worried, but not surew what to make of it. I can´t really afford to get it checked out by a doctor. It does´nt hurt, it just is there. Is this bad or normal? Please help. I do shave my pubic area at least twice a week for hygine purpose, I get extremely hairy and sweaty down there.

Cheers.
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Sep 12, 2009, 10:24 AM

Hi,

Please don't assume you have cancer first thing. The internet is great but there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Testicular cancer is usually found by a lump or mass, not a black dot. I'm glad you've checked and found nothing.

What is the dot? Is it near where you shave? It could be a hair follicle but is most likely a sebaceous gland getting clogged (zit).

How many dots do you have? Do they change size, shape? Skin cancer tends to have an irregular shape, not clearly defined edges.

Post back with some more information, maybe we'll have a better idea.

Hope this helps.

Sep 12, 2009, 10:35 AM
    I only found one dot. It is near where I shaved, I´m pretty sure it´s like a circle, but sort of like an ovel. It doesn't hurt or anything. What's the chance that it is cancer? I´m just wondering.

Sep 12, 2009, 12:29 PM

Is the border clearly defined? Does it have a sharp edge or is it "blurry?" That's the key. By the way, I'm not even considering testicular cancer here. I'm talking about ruling out any form of skin cancer, which I don't think it is either but I haven't seen it either.

I'd probably keep an eye on it for a little while. If it changes size or shape, or has blurry edges, then I'd see my doctor.

Sep 12, 2009, 09:14 PM
    Ok I don't think it´s blurry, it´s just like a brown spot, it doesn´t hurt or anything. But how could I get skin cancer on my scrotum? I have never had my scrotum exposed to direct sunlight. Its just like a brown spot, I´m not sure what it is though. But I´m glad you told me it´s not cancer of the testes.

Sep 13, 2009, 06:10 PM

No, I'm not saying it is skin cancer, I'm saying we're trying to rule it out by giving you what to look for. I seriously doubt it is cancer of any kind. We all have little spots on us, it sounds normal.

Please don't assume everything is cancer, that's what I'm trying to say.

If you have ANY doubts, see your doctor. From your description, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge normal? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Sarah and I know I should have this answer since I have 2 kids but for the first time in 7 months, my period is 4 days late, am not on the pill, and am starting to see a twinge of brown, but not heavy. I usually get 3 days of brown first and I know our bodies are subject to...

Small lump on side of scrotum [ 1 Answers ]

I have discovered today a small pea size... maybe smaller lump on the right side of my scrotum. It is a little sensitive but is definitely not attached to my testicle. I have not taken a shower for approx. 5 days due to my concern of infecting my eyes from my recent intralace eye surgery. Would...

Brown discharge is this normal [ 2 Answers ]

I am 33 years old and over the last six month I have had irregular periods. Recently it has been brown discharge 1 week prior to starting. I also have missed a period in between this. This month I had the brown discharge for two weeks and than started to period that was light with a few clots. I...

View more questions Search