Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Sep 11, 2009, 07:48 PM
    Falling from the top!
    Do you think some day the rich guys that end up in jail after there fall from there throne will some day realize what they did wrong and try to share there short falls so they themselves can learn from there mistakes and may be eat crow and find humility?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2009, 07:52 PM

Nope. They are way too egotistical for that. Don't see it happening.
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Sep 11, 2009, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Nope. They are way too egotistical for that. Don't see it happening.
    Its too bad they can't find a litlle humility maybe theyd help other people and also themselves in the process.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 14, 2009, 07:36 AM

Depends on who.

Someone like Bernie Madoff? Not a chance. He's a sociopath... which means that he has no emotional connection with anything outside himself. Since that emotional connection is absent, he cannot possibly feel remorse over his actions and the pain he has caused others.

On the other hand, I have met some of the people involved in the OPM Leasing scandal. In particular, I have met Mordechai Weissman and his family. I know that he feels a great deal of regret for the millions he stole through fraudulant leases to support banks loans for which his company would not have otherwise been elligible. Yes, he is sorry. (Not that it matters... he's still a criminal, and I would find it hard to trust him, both as a banker and as an individual.)

So I guess the answer to your question depends on the person.

Elliot
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Yes, he is sorry. (Not that it matters... he's still a criminal, and I would find it hard to trust him, both as a banker and as an individual.)

So I guess the answer to your question depends on the person.
    Hello El:

You sound positively LIBERAL...

ANY thief who says he's sorry AFTER he gets caught, is sorry HE GOT CAUGHT. He AIN'T sorry for ripping people off, or he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Get a grip.

excon

Sep 14, 2009, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello El:

You sound positively LIBERAL...

ANY thief who says he's sorry AFTER he gets caught, is sorry HE GOT CAUGHT. He AIN'T sorry for ripping people off, or he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Get a grip.

excon
    Why is my position "liberal sounding"?

To repeat what I said, I think the guy is sorry. But I wouldn't trust him with a single dime.

If I were a lib, I'd be saying that I think he's sorry and I think we should trust him with YOUR money.

Elliot
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2009, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Why is my position "liberal sounding"?

To repeat what I said, I think the guy is sorry. But I wouldn't trust him with a single dime.

If I were a lib, I'd be saying that I think he's sorry and I think we should trust him with YOUR money.

Elliot
    Elliot you don't get it only liberals show emotion and empathy
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Hello clete:

Yeah.. He sounds all bleedy heart, don't he??

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2009, 08:47 PM
    Bleeding heart
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello clete:

Yeah.. He sounds all bleedy heart, don't he???

excon
    Now if he were a true republican he would want to hang the b... s

Sep 18, 2009, 07:28 AM
    now if he were a true republican he would want to hang the b........s
    Actually, I do want to hang Madoff. I don't think he knows how to be sorry.

It's Weissman from OPM Leasing that I think is sorry... and still wouldn't trust with a dime.

Elliot

Sep 18, 2009, 07:29 AM
    Oh... of course. How silly of me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do when its not falling apart [ 12 Answers ]

I know this is going to sound really out there and not meant to be but, I have been with a married guy for over 17 months now(I already know its wrong. And I shouldn't be there but I am so bear with the question)... Last week he told me he wanted space, I thought okay this will give me a chance to...

I think I'm falling for him! [ 12 Answers ]

(Sorry my english is not good enough :) ) So im 19, and since i was 16 i ve been chating with a guy , we were just friends we were seeing each other on cam we talked alooooot about everything and nothing but i 've never met him cause he's not from my city So when i were 17 almost 18 i...

Falling for my ex. [ 20 Answers ]

I am in a good relationship with my boyfriend for a little over a year now. Just recently I started talking with my ex again, and I am beginning to miss him so much. My boyfriend and I don't have that special spark that my ex and I had, and I find myself calling my ex in the wee hours of the...

Falling apart. Again! [ 5 Answers ]

Why is it when you think things are coming 'right' you fall backwards again... There is absolutley N/C with my ex an I now and I can tell you its not as esay as I thought even with notes to myself etc... All I think of is who she may be with now etc... But one of the overpowering things...

I am falling apart [ 11 Answers ]

My wife has been having these thoughts about her not loving me in the way she should but more like a brother or son not a husband, and she wants privacy and time to think but she is being more secretive than anything, like instead of saying hay I am on the computer please come back later, she...

View more questions Search