Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaileshkadam25 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 08:12 PM
    Citizenship for new born baby
    Hi,

I was in US from last six month for job purpose on L1 visa with family and planning to go India next year. My wife has delivered Baby Boy last week. Now I have lot questions related to citizenship of new born baby. I don't know should I take for him US citizenship or dual citizenship.

Can anybody tell me which are the options are available for new baby born in us with indian origin, and what are the benefits/procedure/fees of each options. Which option is more suitable if we are going to stay in india for long time.

Thanks & Regards
    Shailesh
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Sep 11, 2009, 09:23 AM

Child born in the US is a USC. Apply for passport. Check Indian law for options for extended stays in India.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will a baby born in ireland get an irish citizenship even with a foreign parents ? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a moroccan pregnant lady . I am staying in ireland at the moment with a visa of 6 month and my baby is due in June .Will my baby get an irish citizenship when he is born here ?and will I get to stay here in ireland indefinitely?

Dual citizenship for american born son from canadian mom [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old son who was born in America. His father is American. I am a Canadian citizen legally living and working in the USA. I would like to inquire as to whether my son qualifies for dual Canadian/American citizenship, and how to go about applying for it. Thanks.

US citizenship for foreign born child [ 3 Answers ]

I adopted my son from Paraguay in 1989. The adoption was finalized there and I filed the INS form N-600. He received a Resident Alien Card at that time. The Child Citizenship Act of 2000 granted automatic citizenship to all foreign born adopted children (the law was retroactive). Now I need to...

Proof of US citizenship for foreign born child [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son from Paraguay in 1989. The adoption was finalized there and I filed the INS form N-600. He received a Resident Alien Card at that time. The Child Citizenship Act of 2000 granted automatic citizenship to all foreign born adopted children (the law was retroactive). Now I need to...

By born French citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hiz :) , I would like to know if am eligible for a French citizenship where I was born in Paris France in 1977 by non French parents who were studying and working in France at the time of my birth then I departed France with them for our home country. What do I need to do? I have all my birth...

View more questions Search