Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matter23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 04:10 PM
    I'm a straight girl in love with a lesbian
    So I'm 22 and have always been interested in guys until 6months ago. I met a girl in work who is a year younger than me and is an open lesbian. At first we were just friends and then I got told that she fancied me. As time went by I started to develop feelings for her but didn't tell anyone. We would openly flirt but everyone just thought it was banter, as did she. I struggled with my feelings for a while, I didn't fancy any other girls and still don't, it was just her. One night out I told her that I liked her, she was pretty shocked as she knew I was straight. What I didn't realsie is that in the time I was falling for her she had got a girlfriend. I was gutted. We started to openly tell each other how we felt and one day we kissed. I did feel guilty but I could help how I felt. Its been a few months now and things have gone further. She is still with her girlfriend but tells me how much she likes me. I really want to be with her but she thinks I am a risk and her girlfriend is a safe option. I can understand why she feels like that as I've said I wouldn't tell my parents as I don't think they would aprove and that as I'm usually interested in guys that id find a man and leave her. Still finding it hard to admit sometimes, and she doesn't know but I'm so in love with her. Recently she has distanced herself from me as she doesn't want to fall to deep but its recking me. I can understand why she is doing it though, she doesn't want to finish with her girlfriend who is a open lesbian for a straight girl which could turn out to be a risk, she doesn't want to regret her descion. But isn't it a waste throwing these feelings away? Shouldn't we just take that risk and have an amazing time together?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 10, 2009, 04:13 PM

If you wish to have sexual relations wth her, then you are not just "straight"

If you have no sexual desires, then yes you are just want to be good friends and have issues confused
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Sep 10, 2009, 04:23 PM

The real "rsik" here is not having feelings for another woman, the "risk" is being in any sort of relationship with a cheater. Yes, if you two have kissed and other such things while she is in a relationship then that makes her a cheater.

You may not be able to help feelings but you can control your actions.

Set aside your feelings for now and really think on it. How secure would you be putting yourself out there for a relationship that already makes you question yourself to be with someone who can and will cheat.

I am not opposing you being in a same sex relationship to make things clear. I feel that if that is what you desire then that's wonderful but you can easily find another woman that will be faithful to you.

In the end relationships that start with an affair usually don't end very well.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2009, 04:42 PM

Why should she take a chance on your emerging sexuality, not being lust, which will fade in time, and where would she be, having to work with you everyday?

I think she is being smart, and protecting herself, and you would be wise to cope with your feelings a lot better, as its not about the sexuality, but about she is already in a relationship, and doesn't want to take the risks that you do.

Back off the romance idea with someone who doesn't feel as strongly as you do. Intense feelings don't mean the risk is worth it, so respect her position.

Again, she doesn't want to cheat on her partner, and workplace relationships, when they don't work out, are hell to pay later, and make work a hard place to be, as your finding out now.
    dincher Posts: 163, Reputation: 12

Sep 10, 2009, 08:14 PM

Great answer, Talaniman.

Obviously the girl has feelings for you, Matter, but feels uncomfortable cheating on her partner, whom she has already invested emotionally and otherwise in.

And it's true - the workplace is not a place for you to be discovered to be having an affair and then with the same sex, unless you're prepared to come out as bi, which is what I think you may be. What would the results of that be, especially if you do not want that information to be out?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a straight woman fall for a lesbian? [ 25 Answers ]

I'm a 24 year old lesbian and I am in like with a straight woman. We work for the same company but in different departments. When we're among other people she has made comments such as; "actually me an *insert my name* have alot in common, if I were a lesbian she would be mine" Since then we have...

Gay in love with straight [ 39 Answers ]

I am 53 married and in love with a 30 years old straight guy for the last 12 years. He loves me a great deal. We have sex regularly. In the beginning he was a little awkward but now he is passionate. There is one problem though. He is attracted to girls. In the past he never used to date girls as...

Lesbian in a relationship w a straight girl/ will it work? [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, This is kind of long winded because I have a lot to get out of my chest, so bail now if you don't want to do all this reading lol... Here's my situation: Met a girl at work, we hit it off well. I'm gay, 27, she's straight 34. When I came out to her at work in confidence, she was...

Guy in love with a lesbian [ 4 Answers ]

I feel like a horrible person, here's my story I've been really close friends with this girl for about two and a half to three years now. She is a lesbian, and I am strait(She's 17. I'm 19.). We get along so well, and have so much in common. Over the years I've known her, we have become best...

I'm in love with a lesbian [ 17 Answers ]

Before you tell me to get over it and "just move on", please let me give you a few details. I met Fergs about a year ago through a mutual friend. We both smoked a lot of pot at the time, so one afternoon she invited me over for a bowl. We clicked right off the bat and began hanging out every...

View more questions Search