Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annacook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 03:46 PM
    tooth pain in temporary bridge
    2 weeks ago I had my impression done for my perm bridge & have been in pain (tooth # 13)since then. I didn't have any pain when the teeth were being filed down & temp. was placed. I went today to see the dentist & x-rays were taken. He didn't see anything wrong but said that I did have a lot of filling previously & now maybe the root was dying?? Please help. I've been having the worst experience @ this dental office since June 2009.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2009, 06:48 PM
    A tooth that has had large fillings on it can die at any time. Is tooth #13 sensitive to hot, cold, tapping on it or biting on it? These are signs of a tooth that is dying. They could also be a sign of a cracked root. If you are definite that it is tooth #13 I'd suggest you have a root canal done on it before they cement the permanent bridge. Why don't you ask to be referred to an endodontist before the final cementing of the bridge?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bridge pain [ 5 Answers ]

14 months ago I had a 3 tooth bridge done. In the 3 weeks I wore the temporary bridge I had some discomfort and couldn't eat on that side of my mouth. The bridge consists of my bottom left back molar, a pontic, and a cuspid. I didn't think much of the discomfort at the time because temporaries...

Tooth pain - Gallbladder pain - any relation? [ 7 Answers ]

I had a crown put on last December and I had to go back to my Dentist 3 times to file it down because it would hurt really bad when I would bite down. The dentist did not fix my problem and I just refused to go back a 4th time. I just stopped eating on with this side of my mouth. I now have...

Chipped wisdom tooth: need temporary quick fix [ 3 Answers ]

Before you read further, let it be known that I've already booked an appointment with a dentist and will visit him in early March. I'm currently on holiday in another country and won't return until a week later. Problem I'm having right now is that my wisdom tooth has very deep cavity. Just a...

Temporary False tooth filler [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had two upper molars that were badly decayed removed (due to the fact that I could not afford the enormous cost of root canal and crown). Now I don't know if its just due to the swelling, but I am talking a little odd. Being a teacher this is a bit of a concern. I know that I need some...

Pain under a crown attached to a bridge [ 1 Answers ]

I am scared this is hopeless situation, so please let me know your thoughts. Both of my front teeth are crowned. On the right side, I have a crowned tooth and right next to that, a three crown bridge. The crowned tooth next to the right front tooth is... painful. Sensitive to hot and cold. ...

View more questions Search