Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannonmarlin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 08:12 AM
    Sump Pump
    How do I remove stagnant water in my sump pump?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 28, 2006, 08:43 AM
    If you're referring to the water under the pump that's just setting there there then simply take a few buckets of clean water with a little bleach in it and pour into the pit. The pump will pump the water out and what's left will smell a little sweeter. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sump pump [ 10 Answers ]

I recently bought a new house and was wondering if the sump pump draining into the main drain instead of on its own drain to outside the house is a problem? I have never had a sump pump before and was curious because we get a sewage smell inside our bathroom every once in awhile on the first floor...

Sump pump [ 2 Answers ]

When it rains my sump pump works ,but there is a bab smell??

Installing a 2 sump pump system [ 1 Answers ]

I got a client asking me how I can install a 2 sump pump system in case one fails or the power goes out Anyone can send me some pictures how to do so please the job needs to be done tomorrow It would be nice to get good detail how to install the 2 pumps Submersible only ...

Sump Pump popping [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought a new house and the sump pump and or lines make strong popping bang every time we use the washer and it's draining or we are using several drains, the contractor says its normal I don't think so. Any ideas? It has been doing it seen we moved in ( a month)

Overactive sump pump [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a new house last Oct. I found I had an over active sump pump. The pump works every few hours in dry season and maybe every min. or so in heavy rain season. The water in the pit is crystal clear, no odor. Can someone tell me the reason? How can I fix this ? Should I just raise the pump? ...

View more questions Search