Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srobinson89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 06:48 AM
    Sent Order To Ex-Colleague By Mistake
    I am asking this to be able to advise a friend of mine (person A).

While working at a company, he once sent off for an item on eBay for his colleague (person B).

After both persons A and B had left the company, person A ordered a large quantity of items on eBay to sell on for a profit.

Without realising, he had left person B's name and their former work address as the 'delivery address'

My colleagues and I received the parcel, and contacted person B, who collected the parcel claiming it was his.

Around a week later, we were contacted by person A, who told us about his mistake.

He contacted person B when aware what had happened, but person B said he had got his cousin to "get rid of them" (presumably sold them).

While person A did make a mistake, surely person B should refund person A the cost of the parcel (£120)?

Are there any legal steps that can be taken to get his money back? Or does the fact that person B was named on the parcel make it appear like a gift?

Person A does have an invoice and paypal statement to prove his purchase.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2009, 07:52 AM
    Hello s:

Seems like person A has to sue person B.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Self introduction letter as a new colleague [ 2 Answers ]

How to write a self introduction letter asa a new colleague to all staff on first day at work?

By mistake filed 1040 last year, How I can recover the mistake? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My situation is, I was working on OPT with one of the company in USA and married, I asked one of my friend for guidance, he suggested me to file 1040 for tax, So I filed tax last year(2007) with 1040, and now when I research this year (2008) I came to know that I should have filed 1040NR...

Affair with a colleague who's got a girlfriend [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Im a 28 year old girl who recently met a male colleague 5 years older. He wasn't really my type until my other colleagues began teasing us at work because we seem to be getting really close to each other. We sit next to each other and are really enjoying each other's company. I find myself...

Fraudlent Colleague [ 9 Answers ]

I just discovered that my "know it all" co-worker is a liar and a fraud! He has forged university degree to get the current job which is a systems' analyst at a Telecommunications company. I discovered this because one of his former university colleagues asked me if worked together? And I told him...

Married man, girlfriend and colleague, but she is now... [ 64 Answers ]

I am 34, married. I love my wife, but I don't get enough from her As some husbands do... My girlfriend is 24, being my student at the university, my girlfriend and my closest colleague for the last 2.5 years. We both worked for a government organization, and we established A private...

View more questions Search