Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Sep 10, 2009, 05:09 AM
    '93 4x4 4.3L(Z?) U.S. S10 Pickup Wiper Anomaly
    I have a short or something similar somewhere in the wiper control or steering column such that the wipers activate once when the steering wheel is turned. The problem is prevalent in hot weather and mostly non-existent in the winter. Anyone know where I should look? I hate to tear into the column without having some idea of what I should be looking for.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2009, 06:20 AM

Disconnect the negative battery cable. Then, remove and service the multi-function switch that control the wipers. Carefully, take it apart, clean all contracts, and check continuity with a multimeter. Oil and dirt from your hands often causes problems. Check connections and wiring for any problems. Spray switch with WD-40. If the problem persists, after replacing the switch, I would replace the switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiper motor [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, I have a quick question. My wipers on a 200 chevy venture stop in the up position. Before I replace the motor some poepl have told some things to check or do first. One was to move the arms so they are down and that should take care of it. Also, I notice you are suppose to "zero" out the...

New wiper chattering [ 7 Answers ]

I just installed new anco wiper replacement blades. They are on correct but they are chattering. Is there something I can put on then to operate smoothly in rain,that will not streak window? Thanks,John :(

Weather anomaly? [ 22 Answers ]

Or Global Not Warming?:rolleyes: Today, Jacksonville, Florida, set a new record low temperature that's been in place since 1965. Today's low here was 64 F, which beat the old low of 65 F. I think I'll break out my ski gear... and where's my mittens?:D

View more questions Search