Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbrackin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 04:54 AM
    Kenmore 80 Series Washer
    My 80 Series Kenmore washer does not stop filling with water. How do I fix
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 28, 2006, 07:04 AM
    If you turn the machine off, does the water stop?

If not, then you have something holding your solenoid valve open. Most likley a piece of lime or rust stuck. The best repair is to replace the solenoid valve and make sure you have the debris screen in place in the incoming water lines.

If the water does turn off when you turn the machine off, then that means your pressure switch isn't working properly. This could be because of a ruptured pressure line, or the pressure switch itself.

Removing the top cover of the machine should reveal a small tube running from the bottom of the tub to the control cluster. Inspect this tube for cracks, and other holes. Make sure it isn't loose. If air can escape the pressure switch will not work.
    sduryee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 02:41 PM
    How do I fix the pressure switch
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Do not fix. Replace, cost under $35
    Bill Kenmore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 09:09 PM
    Mine was doing the same so I checked the tube that is connected to the switch and it was disconnected. Remove 2 screws behind the control panel. Take of side rails on control panel.You will see two more screws behind the rails. Remove these and the control panel will separate.Look for plastic tube that may be disconnected. Connect back on switch nipple. Reassemble and do those dirty clothes.
    Bill Kenmore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 09:09 PM
    Mine was doing the same so I checked the tube that is connected to the switch and it was disconnected. Remove 2 screws behind the control panel. Take of side rails on control panel.You will see two more screws behind the rails. Remove these and the control panel will separate.Look for plastic tube that may be disconnected. Connect back on switch nipple. Reassemble and do those dirty clothes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating Problem - Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat [ 4 Answers ]

My Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat Model 96565210will not heat on any setting. The dryer runs normally, it just won't heat at all. We did install a new heat element, and that would not heat up. Any help is appreciated!

Kenmore Heavy Duty Dryer 80 series [ 4 Answers ]

Our dryer will not keep running. We have a Sears Kenmore Heavy Duty Dryer - 80 series, electric. When you push the button for it to start tumbling, it will not go. It was running about a week ago, then while in the cycle it stopped. Every now and then the dryer will start when you push in the...

Kenmore washer [ 1 Answers ]

We have drain problems with our Kenmore washing machine. It's a basic 2 cycle washing machine. Because of the elevation of our septic system the builders had to have the washer drain first into a pump tank which then pumps it up and into the exit drain for our septic system. Anytime that the...

Kenmore washer won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 or 3 year old Kenmore washer suddenly stopped spinning! It goes through the entire cycle then suddenly stops at the spin cycle. It makes plenty of noise as if it is was the spin cycle but then when you go to unload the clothes, they are sopping wet. Yet they are not standing in water. The...

View more questions Search