Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulcontessa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 03:19 AM
    replace air handler with variable speed
    I want to know if I can replace a standard air handler on a 5 ton system with a variable speed air handler without replacing the outside unit. The electronics on the air handler will be different but does the compressor work full time or not.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 28, 2006, 06:09 AM
    Yes you can replace the Air Handler with a variable speed air handler without replacing the outdoor system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

Air handler leaking [ 1 Answers ]

My air conditioning air handler is located upstairs in my two story townhome. I noticed the air handler is leaking water... it leaks from under the area where you change the filer. I noticed there is no water leaking from the pipe outside. I put a bucket under the unit for now... is this serious?

Buzzing from air handler [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hoping for info concerning a buzzing sound coming from air handler. We live in a high-rise building(24 floors). We are on a building wide system with air handlers in each room. Small bedroom unit has history about this time each year(last 5) that start buzzing. Past years maintenance would...

Trane Variable speed w/hot water coil/Ac wiring ? [ 3 Answers ]

I've read many of the previous questions/answers, but haven't found what I need. Low voltage wiring is not my strong suit. My AHU has a hot water coil in it, that I plan to heat with a Voyager water heater. It has an A/C coil, and that works fine. Previous answers have said that I should find a...

Prob. Variable Speed Air handler [ 2 Answers ]

A Trane XL14i heat pump was installed 6/8/05. The variable speed air handler fan only runs at full speed or off, but not slow when demand is low. The dealer's tech has replaced 2 electronic modules, to no avail. He can't seem get expert advice from Trane. I would greatly appreciate any advise to...

View more questions Search