Land 100,000

Building-net 500,000

Total assets $ 1,025,000

Equities

Able, capital $ 425,000

Baker, capital 400,000

Charlie, capital 200,000

Total equities $ 1,025,000

The partners agree to admit Delta for a one-fifth interest. The fair market value of partnership land is appraised at $200,000 and the fair market value of inventory is $175,000. The assets are to be revalued prior to the admission of Delta and there is $30,000 of goodwill that attaches to the old partnership.

1) By how much will the capital accounts of Able, Baker, and Charlie increase, respectively, due to the revaluation of the assets and the recognition of goodwill?

2) How much cash will Delta have to invest to acquire a one-fifth interest?

3) What will the profit and loss sharing ratios be after Delta’s investment?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2009, 01:08 AM

Please see the guidelines for posting homework problems:
    Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help

Please show us your attempts at the problem first. If you're in advanced, you should be able to make at least a reasonable attempt at this.
    mocorlando Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 04:29 PM
    On June 30, 2011, the Able, Baker, and Charlie partnership had the following fiscal year-end balance sheet:

Cash $ 8,000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need a help in accouting 11 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need a help in accouting 11. Could someone help me online?

Google advanced advanced search [ 2 Answers ]

I understand that not all special operators work together in Google advanced searching... How can I do a Google search for webpages containing a word in the url AND a term on the page? For example, at stgabrielradio.com homepage is the term "monsignor lane". ... so if I were searching for...

Accouting Matters [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Help the below; 1) My company is US$ database. What are the account can do a re-valuation? 2) How come stock can't do a re-valuation? 3) Can Fixed Asset do a re-valuation?

International Accouting [ 1 Answers ]

A tool Corporation is a company that began operation in the U.S and has since expanded into foreign markets. International Accounting practices for gobal firms require the corporation to a. translate all transactions into dollars b. keep all foreign data in the currency of the country in which...

View more questions Search