Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleygabby Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 06:08 PM
    Flea bombing
    I was wondering if someone could help me out! I live in a 6 unit apartment buiilding, and the lady upstairs wants to bomb her apartment for fleas as well as the hall ways! And the landlord said that fine she just keep our doors closed! Shouldn't everyone leave the building , I have a 2 year old and one of they other tenants have a newborn, should our pets leave too... I just am wondering about the procedures and is this stuff harmful?
    wolfboy Posts: 32, Reputation: 4

Oct 27, 2006, 06:18 PM
    Yes it is harmful and yes you should leave.
    Next I would ask myself why does her apartment have fleas.
    Then I would ask if she does bomb what is to keep them from moving to my apartment.
    ashleygabby Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 06:21 PM
    Well should the whole place be bombed? She shouldn't do this what do I do?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2006, 07:55 PM
    I think you have the right to know just what she is wanting to use, and the suggested precautions. Once fleas become established in a residence, the flea bomb is one of the steps that must be taken to eliminate it. This is part of the reason why more knowledgeable pet owners stop fleas before they have a chance to start by treating their pets with something such as the Revolution I have my dogs on. Getting rid of fleas is a big mess.

We have some experienced apartment managers here including Rickj the super moderator. Also some health professionals. Perhaps you need to post this in a more rental or health oriented forum. I pride myself on my knowledge of dogs, but know little of tenant rights. Get advice on this from people that know more about them. Yes, I can say she needs to bomb the fleas. No, I can't say what your rights are.
    cuppycake Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 04:09 PM
    Move straight away!! Because if fireworks canscare a animal of corse that could! Plus it bad for your children maybe stay at your moms or close friends for a week or so and take all your pets with you! They have feeling too!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2006, 05:42 PM
    You don't want to be in a home when a fogger goes off, and don't put too many off in one place, the fumes are explosive, and they can set off fire alarms.

** I ended up with 911 and the fire department at my main residence this year because of bug bombs for fleas.

And if she has them, and they are in the hall, everyone will have them, believe me, they travel very easily.

She may bomb in her apartment, done properly it should not go out of her apartment ( turn off the air or heat unit)
    But if they are doing common areas, I would want to leave the building myself.

If there is a major flea issue in the building, they should do a more complete bug spray, bomb ( perhaps call in a commercial person to spray.
    But it should be arranged with an announced time, so that everyone can leave the building if they want to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Flea Infestation! [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Everyone OK my house is infested with fleas. It is nasty and gross. Help how do I get this under control. Oh yes opps forgot to tell you. We have five 8 week old kittens which we are about to give away soon. But they are infested with fleas. We also have 3 cats that are infested with...

Flea Treatment For Cat [ 7 Answers ]

Does an indoor cat need to receive topical flea treatment if he spends a lot of time on a fully enclosed screened porch? The porch also has screening underneath the floor. He never goes outside of the porch. Thank you.

Frontline flea killer [ 1 Answers ]

Does frontline flea killer wash off my cat if I shampoo her about 3 days after I treated her with it? Do I need to reapply it now?

Frontline Plus flea killer [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone's pet had a reaction to Frontline Plus? Applied to my dog per the instructions 2 days ago and now a big patch of her hair has come off. Have an appt. w/my vet on tues. 11/16. Would appreciate input if you have used this and any reaction/symptoms your pet has had and what the remedy was.

View more questions Search