Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edjay Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 01:22 PM
    Gravity flow through a 3 inch orifice
    I would like to know the flow rate of water through a three inch valve at the bottom of a 30 foot vented tank. (The tank is 12 feet in diameter.) Assume the valve is located at the bottom and side of the tank, and, there are no frictional losses. Also, the tank would be full of water and the flow would be at a maximum rate before the valve would be shut off. I believe this would be an orifice calculation using an extended Bernoulli equation. Please show your calculations. Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't stop gravity flow [ 1 Answers ]

Just serviced and repaired a leak in my 3 zone system with separate domestic hot water heater. After a drain down and flush to remove air it appears that there is gravity flow in all 3 zones when oil burner fires up. All return lines at circulators are cold but first radiator in all 3 zones are...

Venting gravity flow air lock [ 5 Answers ]

We use a gravity flow system for watering cows, it sometimes becomes air locked, where do we vent to cure this, what else can be done, thanks!

How to install 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Vanity Backsplash [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a new 72 inch long Marble vanity in my bathroom. It came with a 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Backsplash. How do I install this backsplash? Do I just put an adhesive behind it? What about the gaps? How do I fill the gap of the top of the backsplash where it hits the...

Air flow trough orifice [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to find out air volume (cfm) and velocity of air passing through orifice 1/4" diam. At 350psi pressure. Please explain calculation.

Choked flow of gases through an orifice or leak [ 0 Answers ]

How to determine the mass flow rate of gases under choked conditions is a question that arises quite often in fluid flow mechanics. Here are the applicable equations: http://www.air-dispersion.com/chokedflow.jpg

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.