Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ArnieH Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 09:36 AM
    College Football scheduling
    I live in "Gator Country"---here in No. Florida where the UoF team is a secular religion.
    Someone told me somethimng that I want to verify as accurate.
    To wit, ranked teams like the Gators, are able to use their largesse to purchase a cakewalk schedule where they play mostly unranked or overmatched teams.
    For example, he said the Gators will only play two ranked teams this season---he said, most of the top-ranked teams do this but not to this degree---the Hurricanes, he said, play six ranked teams during the season.

Anyway a) is this true? And b) has it ever been complained about and investigated?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2009, 09:46 AM

The link below is the schedule for the Gators. It looks pretty easy but I don't know about all that purchasing a cake walk season.

Gator Football Schedule/Results @ GatorZone.com
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2009, 10:23 AM

I was looking at the top 25 aside from LSU the Gators don't play any other ranked team.
    ArnieH Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 10:50 AM
    According to my research, the ranked teams the Gators paly are LSU, Georgia and FSU, which iagain, is not on the AP list.
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2009, 11:49 AM

FSU is not on the list cause they lost to the 'canes last night. FSU was ranked 18th.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Football in america and all the football schools in the country [ 3 Answers ]

What is the name of the best foot ball school in America?

College football [ 2 Answers ]

What College team do you prefer and why??

College Football [ 2 Answers ]

If a student has a choice of attending Akron University in Ohio, Bowling Green University in Ohio, Toledo University in Ohio and University of Kansas on a football scholarship, which should he choose and why?

College football season [ 7 Answers ]

Is anyone as excited as I am about college football season this week? Just curious! There hasn't been any posts here, so I thought I would add one that would be fun to talk about... well, to me at least! :)

Is this section about the Football or just US Football (Sort of Rugby) [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry but I am new here, and I am learning for my way around this web site. Don't mean to hurt anybody. I am just kind of lost. Simón T.

View more questions Search