Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LMCFXR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 04:10 PM
    Early lease termination for layoff IOWA
    I hear a tenant can get out of a lease early if he or she gets laid off from their job. Again, the lease is in Iowa and I am a union boilermaker that works in many states throughout the country.

Any insight would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Doug
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2006, 05:16 PM
    Hello Doug:

There is a sticky note at the top of this forum that will take you to the landlord tenant laws of your state. If the clause you are referring to is REAL, that's where you'll find it.

However, I've read most of the 50 states landlord tenant laws, and I've never seen anything like that.

But, who knows. I could have missed it. I am an exconvict for crying out loud.

excon
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Oct 28, 2006, 05:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LMCFXR
    I hear a tenant can get out of a lease early if he or she gets laid off from their job. Again, the lease is in Iowa and I am a union boilermaker that works in many states throughout the country.

Any insight would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Doug
    This is an Urban Myth unless you have such out-clause in your lease with your landlord.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early probation termination [ 15 Answers ]

When you go in front of the judge to terminate probation early, what questions does he/she ask? What % of people get granted versus denied? Are there any negatives to trying? What if not granted, can you try again? How long? Thanks

Landlord making up own lease termination rules. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm new. So... I rented an apartment in Portland, Oregon starting Jan.1, 2006 with a 1 year lease. In May I had the opportunity to work in Japan for 6 months starting in June. I contacted the landlord and explained the situation. I told him I would be moving out and we agreed that I would...

Lease Termination in Iowa [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently renting an apartment. There are 11 months left on the lease. I was recently approved for my first mortgage and have a lot hold on a townhome in a new development (yet to be built). If I decide to purchase I have to commit by signing a purchase agreement in October. Still have the...

Can I break the lease early [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I signed a 1year lease 3 months ago. We just broke up and I can't afford to pay the 1500 a month alone. I need to move out. I live in Florida and will move to NY with family. Is it true that in Fl you can break a lease if you move out of the state?

Early Probation Termination [ 7 Answers ]

The condition of my probation state that the court may at any time modify the conditions of my probation, under certain circustances, extend or terminate probation early for exemplary performance. Does any one know how to go about asking the courts to consider early termination.

View more questions Search