Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHAYOTE23 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Oct 27, 2006, 03:38 PM
    Trade Line Accounts vs Credit Report
    Is it legal to add "Trade Line Accounts" or aged Credit Accounts to your Credit Report in order to raise your FICO score and if not way are there companies advertising to add Trade Lines to your credit report will rase your FICO score 200 points in 30-45 days. Most of the companies advertising this service charge between $1,000.00 to $1,350.00 per Trade Line. However, I would like to know why is this service so expensive and can I add my own Trade Line Accounts to my credit report.

1. What is the secret? DBA
    2. Does Dun And Brad Street charge a fee?
    3. Is this legal and do the accounts remain on your Credit Report?
    4. FRAUD?
    :eek:
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2012, 07:43 PM
    The most common use of "piggybacking" on a credit line is when someone authorizes you to have control over an actual credit account. Think of a college student with little or no credit history getting added as an additional user on their parent's credit card.

The person who is getting this new line of credit must actually have control and the ability to use the credit. The credit bureaus are very good at determining fraudulent trade line abuse. So, getting added to Dad's credit card but never really having the credit card or using it -- not really what was intended by "Authorized User". Is it illegal? Ask an Attorney.

Further, any credit repair company that guarantees something like your claim in your post should be given a second look, without question. The only thing that is a "sure thing" in credit reporting is if you pay your bills on time for a length of time, your credit score will steadily grow. And, if you have genuinely incorrect information on your credit file and can get it removed, then you will see a positive impact. If you get added to your dad's credit card, you will see a positive bump, assuming your dad's credit is good, but it will not be the panacea some are looking for.

Getting involved with companies that create fictitious lines of credit could open you to legal liability. Before entertaining engaging any such service, you need to speak to an Attorney versed in this area of the law. And, remember, "if it's too good to be true".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit report [ 11 Answers ]

On my credit report I have a collection agency that reported first in 1999 Just when that was about to be removed from my credit report they (the collection agency)sold the account to another collection agency who re-reported it and now it will be 7 more years before it will be removed.it is the...

Credit report [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody now where to get a free credit report and score when you have no credit card to give them Thank you Demon

Credit report help [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania I was listed as an authorized user on a family member's credit card. This account has turned into a collection account and I found out that it has affected my credit report negatively. I want to get the fact straight before I decide whether I want to...

Credit Report [ 2 Answers ]

If you purchase a vehicle at a buy here pay here lot and they don't view your credit to get this vehicle can they report a repossession on your credit report years after the vehicle was taken back?

Judgement on Credit Report [ 3 Answers ]

I had a problem with my landlord a few years back. The check I wrote him bounced, and he pressed charges. I ending up having to pay fines, which I paid on time, and was told that it all would be taken off my record. I think it was called "ARD." My questions is: Why is the total amount of the...

View more questions Search