Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chicago59 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 05:22 PM
    Diagnosed affective schizo disorder
    I had trouble a few years ago with an employer, sued, got put into the hospital by family I think and was diagnosed with the above. Single, no kids, age 45, grew up in a large family, and wanted one myself. Very upset someone couldn't take me aside and do what was needed so that I could get married. Well, the other day, I found myself contacting an ex-boss from like 17 years ago, whom I fooled around with once. I have an acct at a bank, and he's an investment advisor. So I contacted him to ask him a question and it led to inquiry if he could work with the account. Then, he's doing his job and asked me to come in to talk about it. He's married with a child, and he won't be leaving that situation anytime soon. So, I inquired with The Rules, and got a reply that I need to seek a professional therapist's help because the ex-boss just had no interest in me on a personal basis. I've been with a therapist for 2.5 years since the incident in the hospital, taking meds, and it doesn't help. The doc doesn't apparently know that women want to procreate and have babies within a marital setting. Meanwhile, I've been dealing with a horrible employment market, and I just feel like a big loser. I don't know where I'm going in life, afraid of my future and what's to become, and this is just a wasted life going in a direction that I didn't want or plan. So what is the most quick way I can find a therapist that specializes in women's life issues in downtown chicago? Is there a way to reach out besides the usual suggestions?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2009, 06:15 PM

Have you contacted Catholic Charities? Or Cook County Human Services?

http://www.findcounseling.com/illinois/chicago

Are you still on meds (i.e. do you see a psychiatrist or primary physician)?
    chicago59 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 08:13 PM
    How do I delete the post?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago59 View Post
    how do I delete the post?
    You can't. Contact an administrator for help -- RickJ or Curlyben.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter with Schizo effective disorder [ 6 Answers ]

Was wondering if anyone knows about options for my daughter. She is diagnosed with schizo effective disorder and uses drugs. I just got guardianship and do not know how to have her committed. She won't stay still long enough to help her. She's been hospitalized several times and goes from the...

I just got diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder [ 12 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I want to start by saying how wonderful you all are, and that I thank God for this chat site. Perhaps you may know me from posting on the 'Relationship' section, which is absolutley wonderful as well, and I can't thank you all enough. My name is Karen and have been battling with...

Is my husband a schizo - or just unwilling to admit to jealousy? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary, so you would think that I wouldn't have to ask such a question, but his behavior over the past few months has me wondering... You see, when my husband and I first started dating, an ex-boyfriend was busily spreading rumors about me all over...

RSD-- my 12 yr old sister was just diagnosed [ 3 Answers ]

My little sister was diagnosed with RSD a few weeks ago. She had been in severe pain for over a month and could not walk because the pain was so bad. It started with just a spot in her leg and within a week or two it spread from her foot to the top of her hip. She went to doctor after doctor and...

Seasonal Affective Disorder [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, :) I have been getting the feeling that I'm starting to feel that I have got Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D:confused: )! Is there anybody else on this site that suffers from this or has family, friends or so on that could give me some in light into this so I feel like I'm not going...

View more questions Search