Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roxy-jane Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Is my 9 year old seeing a ghost?
    My 9 year old daughter has seen a fiqure of a man standing outside her room on 3 occasions twice in our old house and once in our new house and she is very sure it is the same man each time. Last night she saw the same fiqure again, it was standing at the top of the stairs facing towards the wall turning its head from side to side. It was there for at least 10 minutes while she hid under her blankets and when she looked again it was still there. She called for her Dad and saw her Dad walk straight passed the fiqure which he did not see. Does this mean that man/ghost/spirit only wants my daughter to see him and why would he want her to? By what she describes it dosen't look like anyone we know who has passed away so who could it be and what could it want?

I would really appreciate any answers from people who have some understanding of ghosts/spirits.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 7, 2009, 01:23 PM

Ghosts cannot transfer themselves from house to house. They are earthbound at a specific location, so it can't be the same apparition. It is my guess your 9 year old is going through puberty and imagining this entity, maybe for attention, don't know your circumstances so just guessing.

Tick
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Sep 7, 2009, 02:36 PM

It could possibly be your daughters spirit guide,which WOULD transfer from house to house, because they are with your daughter and not the house. They don't have to be anyone you know who has passed, family or friends, as they are usually not anyone that you know.

Depending on your belief then I would say spirit guide, door keeper, protector, that's why you and her dad can't see them.

I have had first hand experience of this myself at around the same age as your daughter is now. An old man used to appear between the beds in mine and my sisters bedroom, we had single beds in the same room running parallel to each other with a gap between and I used to see this man quite a lot just pop up between the beds! I never did question why this man I didn't know was in my bedroom LOL! I just seem to accept it as normal. It wasn't an imaginary friend either, I used to talk to him and he meant no harm.

I kept telling my mum about him, my sister never saw him though. But she would have freaked out, I didn't. Anyway mum at the time believed me,but she wasn't sure what to do about it and just went along with what I was saying, she ended up at the age of 14, as it was still going on then, taking me to a spiritualist church (mums into spiritualism to) anyway she took me along and I have been into it ever since and I never saw the man again.

Sep 7, 2009, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    ghosts cannot transfer themselves from house to house. They are earthbound at a specific location, so it can't be the same apparition. It is my guess your 9 year old is going through puberty and imagining this entity, maybe for attention, dont know your circumstances so just guessing.

tick
    Thanks for your post! I am sure it is not a matter of puberty! She does get hormonal but that doesn't make her see things like ghosts! My Daughter doesn't make a drama out of nothing or make something up for attention and if she does I can normally tell. She is a pretty balanced girl, I know she has definitely seen something paranormal.

Sep 7, 2009, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritcharms View Post
    it could quite possibly be your daughters spirit guide,which WOULD transfer from house to house, because they are with your daughter and not the house. They dont have to be anyone you know who has passed, family or friends, as they are usually not anyone that you know.

Depending on your belief then i would say spirit guide, door keeper, protector, thats why you and her dad can't see them.

I have had first hand experience of this myself at around the same age as your daughter is now. An old man used to appear between the beds in mine and my sisters bedroom, we had single beds in the same room running parallel to each other with a gap inbetween and i used to see this man quite alot just pop up between the beds! i never did question why this man i didnt know was in my bedroom LOL !! i just seem to accept it as normal. it wasnt an imaginary friend either, i used to talk to him and he meant no harm.

I kept telling my mum about him, my sister never saw him though. But she would have freaked out, i didnt. Anyway mum at the time believed me,but she wasnt sure what to do about it and just went along with what i was saying, she ended up at the age of 14, as it was still going on then, taking me to a spiritualist church (mums into spiritualism to) anyway she took me along and i have been into it ever since and i never saw the man again.
    Thank you for your post... I found it helpful and reasuring!
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Sep 8, 2009, 02:24 PM

Your very welcome :) try not to worry too much over this, sometimes these things happen because its spirits way of them wanting you to take notice (as it did with me) and now I do mediumship readings and an active member of my local spiritualist church, as well as having my own spiritual forum, as in my link.

Spirit tend to come round children and then disappear later on in life if you don't follow that pathway. Try talking to your daughter more and asking her how she feels about it. Ive known many parents take their children to a spiritualist church, and in my opinion there's nothing wrong with that, if you feel they can benefit from it and as you say your daughter is very well balanced.
    twomommyshell Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2009, 02:45 PM

Just on the off chance go threw photo albums maybe get some photos to look threw from family members of past relatives. You can try getting some sage to burn. Take it room to room corner to corner this it supost to cleans the home.
    hodgesdodges Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 07:12 PM
    Yes,she is.Most children are very psychic.This is probably not a passed loved one.I live this all the time.It may be your home or your property that has a history. Please let her know that you do BELIEVE her. If she tells you she sees something then you must tell it to leave your home.You will not see it but you must tell it to leave.I am psychic and my daughter 15 is very psychic.I live with this problem and I don't like it either.Many people don't understand and the funniest answer I read was it was puberty.Any questions,please ask
    patchy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2011, 04:25 AM
    My daughter is nearly 11 and said she heard a voice in her room that said "I am back". She told me and didn't really look bothered by it. Then a couple of days later I saw a shadow in her room and now see a presence near her tall boy all day and then at night it stands in front of her door. I am a medium and feel like he is her protector, but not sure what he is protecting her from. Would like other opinions as it's hard to separate mum and medium on this one. She sees spirit sometimes and does hear voices also and yes she is normal.
    Expert

May 6, 2011, 04:31 AM

patchy, you have a interesting post but will do no good to piggy back on another one. You need to start your own thread under the same topic. You will get better feedback if you start your own thread.

Edit: sorry, just noticed you did start your own thread, good.

Tick
    laura10109 Posts: 61, Reputation: -3

May 29, 2011, 04:54 AM
    Maybe your daughter does see a ghost but its not but unless it scares her if he is not going towards her then its all right and if he's not doing anu harm then its OK but if she says that he went towards her then he wants something from her
    Expert

May 29, 2011, 05:53 AM

What the heck does this mean??

laura10109 does not find this helpful : No wait its not helpful i cheaked the website really day can follow people like walk behinde them or sit next to them in the car

What website did you 'cheaked really day' ?

If you are accessing a website that refutes my post, then you have to include your information in a post, laural0l09.
    Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I have seen a ghost [ 11 Answers ]

My dad died 3 months ago but three weeks after he died I started to see unusual thing could it be my dad

Have you ever seen ghost [ 2 Answers ]

I have it was in italy it was in a flash of lighting but everything slowed down and I saw a women with long black hair and a long green dress walk though a table and past my dad Please tell me of you experinces I would love to hear

Was this a ghost? [ 6 Answers ]

When my now 21 yr old son was 4, he and I lived in a 2 story, 2 bedroom house that was built in 1849. It was in a small waterfront hamlet on the chesapeake bay. It was my first home on my own, and I convinced myself that the fear I felt in the house was just first time home jitters. One night after...

Do I have a Ghost? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been experiencing pics with what I think are orbs, and smoke looking pics. Also my radio has been turning up by it's sellf in the car at work. Do I have a ghost?

Ghost cat [ 3 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I had a cat named lucky. After a while luckybecame very aggressive, she would scratch and bite everyone. We had to get her put down. We buried her in a dirt road in walking distance from our house. Now we always walk up that dirt road at least 5 times a week. One day not to long...

View more questions Search