Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roxy-jane Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 12:24 PM
    Why is my daughter seeing a ghost or spirit of a man?
    My 9 year old daughter has seen a fiqure of a man on 3 occasions now. We recently moved house (not because of this) and I thought that maybe the ghost was connected to the house but she saw it again last night in our new house in the hallway outside of her room. She described this fiqure of the man very well and said that he looked a grey like colour, he was standing at the top of the stairs facing towards the wall sort of moving his head left and right as if he were looking both ways. She was quite scared and waited about 10mins before she looked again and he was still standing there. She called for her dad and he went into her room and she told him what she had seen. She also said that her Dad walked straight past the fiqure which he did not see and when he turned her light on it disappeared.

I would like to know what this could be... could it be a spirit of a family member or someone we have never known? Could it be that this man is connected to her in some way as she can see it and we can't? And why is he there, how can we find out who this is?

I am not scared or worried but would really like some advice from somebody who has some knowledge of ghosts and spirits.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 7, 2009, 02:05 PM
    This isn't to down play your daughter's experience and most of all her fright, but to rule out any easily explained causes.

That it stayed for so long and disappeared only when the light was turned on makes me wonder if there was some sort of shadow or reflection that could have appeared to look like something she saw at the other house. It could be that shadows of common items and reflections merged together to make it a "once in this house event".
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Sep 7, 2009, 02:39 PM

I have just answered this question on your other thread.
    Roxy-jane Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    This isn't to down play your daughter's experience and most of all her fright, but to rule out any easily explained causes.

That it stayed for so long and disappeared only when the light was turned on makes me wonder if there was some sort of shadow or reflection that could have appeared to look like something she saw at the other house. It could be that shadows of common items and reflections merged together to make it a "once in this house event".
    That's what I thought to start with that it could be a shadow or something so I laid on her bed with the lights off exactly how it was when she saw it and there are no shadows, lights or tv's on. And she is very sure it was the shape of a man with spikey hair and grey appearance, I don't know what sort of thing would cause a spikey shadow as well as a body and arms and even the shape of the nose when its head turned to the left. When it first happened she thought it was her dad and in the morning she casually asked "why was dad standing outside my room last night?" I checked with her dad just in case it was him and he had been in bed all night too. Thanks for your quote!
    colettes93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 10:07 AM
    I cried at this when I was a little girl I'm 13 now I seen this ghost as well grey with spikey hair no clothes on and he had no facial eyes mouth etc ? Just a nose and spikey hair! No colour the same colour of his body I was a sleep next to my gran iand I just weirdly woke up I looked up and he was standing there ! Every time I tried to wake my gran up he came closer and closer I even put my han uner the covers to hide the fact I was trying to wake her its just almost like just a cloud in a the shape of a man I seen that man your daughter has seen take her to a sychartist ? Think that's how tyou spell it I've seen lots of ghost an they are real because a girl died of cancer in my house when I was 3 I seen her I ovs int know who it was but she was crying she wore a red baseball cap I recently asked my nabour about any girls that have died in my house and she said yeah she died of cancer I asked if she wore a reb baseball cap an she had no hair? She replyed yes but how would I know this if I did not see her I int know anybodey wich had i.e. in my house I was 3? Do therefore believe in them
    Wowazowgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 08:05 AM
    Hello Everyone! I have also had many expiriences with ghosts at my Father's house. The first thing I ever saw was when I was 5 years old. When I was 1, I used to tell my Mother about Jesus and it would scare the Crap out of them! When I was 5, I woke up at 4:00 Am, because my Younger Brother had an accident in my bed. He wanted to sleep with me. So I woke up and I ran to my Parents that were sleeping and I told them about what had happened with young brother. So my dad got up and washed the sheets so I couldn't sleep in my bed because the sheets were wet. I started walking downstairs, and I saw the apperition of a 6 year old girl. She was wearing a dress. The top had flowers embroidered into the shirt. The skirt had lace over a silk petticoat. I stopped. The girl was looking over my shoulder. She was looking at the picture of my parents! She had a deep look to her face, and had short hair. Now, The name of the child has come to me. Cindy.
    PhoebeMcKayx Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2011, 08:24 AM
    I use to see this little girl and I was really scarey I'm 11 and to say it turnt out to be my mums miscarige and tell them to go and they shall do so :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spirit, ghost, shadow person? [ 6 Answers ]

As a child I remember seeing (and sensing) a male human figure/shadow enter my room and search through my jewellery box which was near the head of my bed. It was a slim figure, completely black (like a shadow) and over say 5 foot. It did not harm or touch me but I was scared stiff. However I don't...

Spirit or ghost sighting [ 4 Answers ]

I was awakened by something this morning and I don't know what it is or what it means. I woke up and a ghost or spirit was standing at the foot of my bed , at my husbands feet. I closed my eye and opened them again and it was still there but the room was so bright I thought it was daylight outside....

Do I Have a spirit following me? [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a spirit from an object, ie: african mask, Antique watches, follow me? Even after I get rid of the objects? I never had a problem with much of anything until I got a mask from some kid in Liberia, then it always seemed like something was following me! Not always bad, but for...

I saw "spirit/ghost".. weird feeling! [ 2 Answers ]

I posted another thread titled.. My house is haunted.. But I wanted to share what happened to me almost 5 years ago at my dads house. My mom had passed away 10 days before xmas almost 5 years ago. I went to visit my dad about 2 weeks after she died. I was sitting at his kitchen table talking on the...

Daughter is talking with ghost. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Fl and I have a 16 year old daughter who believes she has a ghost friend and he follows her talks with her interacts with her and is her age... now I believe in spirits and paranormal and such but I find it hard to believe a ghost can be around all the time and interact with her all...

View more questions Search