manbo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 11:27 AM
    Why cigs are "square"
    If cigarettes are round, why are they called 'squares'?:confused:
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2009, 11:33 AM

They are?

Perhaps its just a slang term from where you live.
    I called them smokes or another name fags.. never heard them called squares.
    kendraroo2010 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Oct 13, 2009, 06:54 PM

I always though it was because the box was square, maybe I'm wrong.
    UghLogins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 05:07 PM
    The name probably came not from the shape of the cigarette, but rather from the shape of the square paper used to roll cigarettes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's Kids Show " Strawberry Square" [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone remember the show from the early Eighties Children's Show "Strawberry Square"?

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

Square D Pumptrol Switch not "cutting in" [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Square D Pumptol switch on the pump/pressure tank at my new house. I've never worked with any of this technology before; it's my first home purchase (yay!) and the only home I've ever lived in that didn't have city water. The pressure switch cuts off successfully at about 55 psi, but...

Algebra 2, multiplying "roots", square, cube, etc. [ 6 Answers ]

My friend's son knows I'm good at math and was having some algebra 2 problems. He showed me his problem and I couldn't remember how to do it! He left his book at school and the homework is due in the morning. I told him I'd look into it and see if I could help! I don't know how to even type his...

View more questions Search