Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Sep 11, 2009, 02:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Mequinol is the depigmentation agent, 4-Methoxyphenol is the IUPAC name. It's the monomethyl ether of hydroquinone and an isomer of guaiacol. Maybe adding a good oil like olive oil, sweet almond, or coconut oil will help lessen the irritation?

Mequinol - wikidoc
    Interesting idea, it could work... Maybe that with the bio oil? :confused:Maybe for those who are vetrans to harsh bleaching agents might be able to withstand the 10%... but I would worry it would completely depig. I think I will buy it and mix it and test it on my foot or something.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2009, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    They are reliable. You will need a prescription for the mequinol but you can obtain it from them by answering a few questions and they will charge you for it once your prescription has been agreed.
    Maharani: I see. What kind of questions did they ask you? Did they ask who was your doctor?

Lighterrr did you order the mequinol from the same place too?

Good thinking Dessaml, maybe the bio oil would help too as they also help to fade spots, so I've heard. I believe a lower dose like the 2%, a good oil, and tretinoin would be worth a shot. But, does the mequinol cause white spots like the mono or no?
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Sep 12, 2009, 12:33 AM
    Maharani: I see. What kind of questions did they ask you? Did they ask who was your doctor?

Lighterrr did you order the mequinol from the same place too?

Good thinking Dessaml, maybe the bio oil would help too as they also help to fade spots, so I've heard. I believe a lower dose like the 2%, a good oil, and tretinoin would be worth a shot. But, does the mequinol cause white spots like the mono or no?
    Probably does, that's why mequinol usually has tretenoin so the skin is not damaged. I wouldn't put pure mequinol on my face.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 12, 2009, 03:22 PM
    No questions about your Doctor, just what the purpose of the cream is, whether you have used anything else for the condition, your weight and height etc... Nothing really hard. They will then let you know whether they are happy to provide the prescription and therfore place your order for you.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Ok thanks. What kind of conditions do they find acceptable?
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 12, 2009, 04:06 PM

Tell them you want it for your sun spots.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Lol... ok
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Sep 15, 2009, 04:44 PM

I need some help. I don't know if I want to try the mequinol or sepiwhite. I was planning on mixing it myself using the powder but I haven't don't this before. If I make it too strong it'll burn my skin. If its too weak then it won't do anything. What do you think?
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2009, 04:50 PM
    RedDiamond the mequinol is known to make the skin sting, I'm unsure if the stinging will ever seize months later. The Sepiwhite is supposed to lighten, but I believe it was tested on asian or Caucasian skin at 2-3%, so if your skin is brown this concentration may not be strong enough at 3%.

Sep 15, 2009, 07:52 PM

Thanks for the reply.Yes, I do have brown in my skin. My skin tone is like Ashanti. So do you think I would have to use a high concentration of sepiwhite? I would have to go to like 6% or something. Its weird because I though high concentrations of sepiwhite burned the skin? I was just thinking that sepiwhite would lighten like fairnflawless since the use sepiwhite too. I just don't know where to turn. LOL.

Sep 15, 2009, 07:53 PM
    BTW what do you use?
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 10:56 AM
    Yeah, I believe the sepiwhite will burn the skin if the concentrations are too high. You could try at the percentage that they suggest (2%) along with other actives to lighten, if that doesn't work then increase from there. Here's the manufacturer's research document, at the bottom are some recipes that I was trying to become familiar with http://vanwagoner.net/product_litera...iwhite_MSH.pdf

I have been using the Mediderm Rx from Amazon but nothing happened so far. I'm thinking it must work better on asian and Caucasian skin, as mine is brown. I'm giving it to the end of this month and just use the rest up and then just switch to something else like Christalline and Fair & White exclusive whitenizer gel for the face and maybe even Hq 4% and tretinoin for the body. I'm just really dissapointed right now, I have even been tempted to start with the Makari first to give me a head start on the lightening. As it lightened me the best, but their prices are crazy.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 12:58 PM
    Which company are you referring to?

Dessaml, I thought Mequinol will burn the skin even if you use tretinoin or not? How much has the mequinol lightened your skin so far?
    "imgorgeous disagrees: Hey Golden Girl.. Please remember MEquinol cannot and Will not show a difference in days..... IT will take him a minimum of six months to start seeing a difference.. Besides till then he may get darker!"

Imgorgeous what was the purpose of putting that red mark on me and dissagree?! Dissagree with what? I NEVER said it will take days to see a difference up on here, I was simply asking Dessaml to give us an update in a few weeks or so as I am still learning about mequinol and it's reactions to the skin. Why would I claim something will lighten in a matter of days when I know that it takes approximately 28 days for the skin cells to regenerate. Besides, it is prescribed with tretinoin to help exfoliate the skin. Giving that reddie was for no reason, as it had nothing to do with my answer!

Sep 16, 2009, 05:44 PM

Thanks a lot for the replys golden girl. I have some thinking to do? Do u think I should just heat the sepiwhite in a pot or with water ?
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 07:09 PM
    You are to melt it in a beaker (maybe something else can be used, you may can even use a double boiler). Then in a pan boil the water while the beaker is in the center, let it boil until it reaches the required degrees, while you are heating you are also stirring the sepiwhite until it melts. Turn the heat off and once completely melted then pour the active with your base (lotion/creme), your base should be in a bowl (I think metal?). And stir completely, then pour in the bottle or jar that you intend to use. My instructions are a bit scrappy as I am going off from partial memorization and have never formulated anything. But here are the recipes on how to compound and you can ask them for further instructions http://www.makingcosmetics.com/sampl...nylalanine.pdf (Making Cosmetics)

Sep 16, 2009, 09:44 PM

OK... thanks a lot. I couldn't think of a decent way to melt the sepiwhite. I am taking chemistry lab lol and couldn't figure that out. And I don't want any of the beaker we use in lab, they are gross. We might have a double boiler here somewhere. Once I make sure we have all the right equipment.. I think I am going to plunge into making my own sepiwhite. I have to order some maybe firday evening if not then next week.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Oh I forgot, don't forget the pH strips to keep your formulation balanced, I believe it should remain between a pH of 5-6.5, so keep me updated on your progress and share the tips with me since you'll be the chemist!
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Sep 17, 2009, 04:08 AM

Oh... you mean if I rate your answer as inaccurate... that means I'm giving you a remark ?

Does that actually affect your forum usage ? I really didn't know that ! I always tend to rate answers only considering that I wish to answer them there and there! Not with any intention... sorry !
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2009, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    oh ..... you mean if i rate your answer as inaccurate .... that means im giving you a remark ?

does that actually affect your forum usage ? I really didnt know that ! I always tend to rate answers only considering that i wish to answer them there and there! not with any intention... sorry !
    And people are viewed on how many red marks and green marks they have, it's your reputation. I can understand if it is true, but I did't say anything about skin lightening in days as I know that is false.
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Sep 17, 2009, 08:34 PM

How do I see my reputation ? I have never really noticed that part.. I just though its something that you say OH your accurate Oh that's inaccurate!

Next time onwards I'm taking care.. Sorry again !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rhianna and Chris Brown [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I know that this is a late issue, but I was wondering what everyone thought of the fight between Chris Brown and Rhianna?

View more questions Search