Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summermh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 10:46 AM
    Outdoor outlet not working -- wet?
    Our outdoor front entry outlet isn't working, and there is no reset button, nor is there a switch listed on our fuse box for that outlet. Outlets in indoor rooms that are closest to this outlet are working fine. We've had some rain this week, right around the time the outlet quit working. Is there a fix, or do we simply have to let it dry?

Thanks,
    Summer
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2006, 02:56 PM
    This outlet can be protected by any GFI outlet you have, check the garage, main panel, basement, bathrooms, and kitchens for a tripped GFI.

Check the panel for a GFI breaker.

Or the water could have corroded the connections into the outlet, this will require pulling the outlet out, and loose wires inside may still be live, unless you shut off the breaker feeding it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gfi outlet [ 6 Answers ]

I just moved into the house in May. I believe the gfi outlet was working when the inspector inspected our house, but it seemed soon after it stopped working. We tried to press the reset button just in case the test button was pressed and nothing happens (meaning it won't depress or anything). Just...

Outdoor outlet quit. Reset where? [ 8 Answers ]

Stupid question: Where would the circuit board or switch be for outdoor outlets? We have one outlet in front and one in back and neither one are working. They're both GFCI with no reset/test buttons. The only GFCI outlets we have inside the home is in the kitchen and we've reset it and nothing...

Outdoor outlets not working. HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Here's my dilemma: I have 3 ooutdoor outlets along the back of my property. As far as I know all have worked up until this morning. There was a terrible storm yesterday where flooding, high wind and long periods of down pours were present; now none of the electrical outlets are working. I...

120 volt outlet from 240 volt outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that it is possbile to wire a 120 volt outlet from a 240 volt outlet. My 240 volt outlet has 3 wires in, white, black, and a ground. Do I wire the 120 volt outlet from the either wire and the ground? My voltage meter indicates that connection is 120 volts. Is there any down side to...

Outside outlet problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hello anyone, This is the first time I've done this so I hope I explain this O K I have an outlet on the outside of my home ,actually there are two, One in the front and one in the back of the house. Whenever I plug anything like Christmas lights or the swimming pool filter into either of...

View more questions Search