Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azyvette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2009, 09:11 AM
    Savings bond
    I recently found a $100 savings bond that's 12 yrs old. Should I cash it or hold on to it? Don't really know how the bond works.
    handymom77 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Sep 6, 2009, 05:08 PM

Check out TreasuryDirect. Depending on what series it is, there could be a date when it stops earning interest. If you cash it, know that you will receive a 1099 for the interest that you will have to claim on your income tax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Savings Bond [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I forgot about a savings bond we got for our wedding. We don't necessarily want to cash it yet, but we were wondering if there's a way to find out how much it's worth. It's a series EE and it's $1000 issued in December 1999. At least that's what I think. I know it says that...

US Savings Bond [ 5 Answers ]

If I bought a $500 US Savings bond for 1 year, how much money would I make?

Savings Bond payroll deductions [ 3 Answers ]

Can payroll deductions for United States Savings Bonds qualify as a pre-tax benefit to reduce income tax liability

Are s.s. Savings bond tax exempt through living trust [ 2 Answers ]

I received some u.s. savings bonds through my mothers living trust are they tax exempt since they were part of the estate that was exempt from taxes? The bonds are very old and most of the value is in the interest.

US Savings Bond Questions [ 5 Answers ]

I actually have two questions: 1. My elderly grandmother and uncle (her son) have a joint checking account. Uncle passed away suddenly - no will - no children or wife - no estate - no probate. Almost a year later we found some savings bonds in his name (and his deceased wife of 10 yrs ago) on...

View more questions Search