Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dstu0143 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 08:06 AM
    Maytag electric clothes dryer
    My Maytag electric clothes dryer gets hot but the clothes do not dry. What is wrong?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2006, 08:31 AM
    Can you hear the fan running?
    Are you positive it's tumbling?
    Have you double checked that the lint filter and exhaust line are not clogged?

If all of these are OK, then it could be that the duct between the fan and the tumbler has come loose. See diagrams here.
    mdcollins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 01:15 PM

Maytag electric clothes dryer has loud screeching noise. Otherwise works fine.
    glenn4438 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 07:10 PM
    Rick above is rite . Pull the vent off the back of the dryer . If you have good air flow at the back of your dryer then your vent is cloged . If not it could be what rick said or a bad or lose or broken fan blade called a squirrel cage .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squeaky Clothes Dryer [ 118 Answers ]

My dryer makes these brutal high pitch squeaking sounds. Does anyone know what might be causing it and how to fix it? It`s about a 5 year old Frigidaire Thx

My Maytag Dryer doesn't dry my clothes? [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer don't dry my clothes... it doesn't get hot.

Rear bearing on General Electric clothes dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to replace the rear bearing on dryer model DDE6500GALAD? I can put a drop of oil on it from the rear of the dryer and it stops squeaking for a few loads but then starts again. I can't find any documentation for it on the GE site. Thanks

Squeaky Clothes Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Whirpool Model #DDE6500GALAD. I have removed the back access panel and can see the drum belt and two pulley wheels through which the belt is threaded. I do not see any way to tighten the belt or do not know how to replace the belt if it needs replacing. Any ideas??

View more questions Search