Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msterry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2004, 07:31 PM
    Crying new puppy
    ?? Brought 6 week old Australian shepard home today. Set her up in dog run with dog creat straw in bottom of crate. 13 week old great pyr. With her. She ate drank pooed and peeed. Left her for the night crying crying what to do she is upsetting 13 week old rosie. Oh she has fluffy bear toy. Please help. Terry
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2004, 09:25 PM
    Re: crying new puppy
    6 weeks is the very earliest a puppy should be taken away from its mother and litter. It may have done better a week later. Usually another puppy is the very best thing. Are you sure it is warm enough? A smaller, tighter enclosure might help. I don't like light bulbs because of the chance of chewing the cord.

What I have found better than all the traditional remedies, the ticking clock, radio, etc. is to lay down next to the crate like you were going to sleep there. Once the puppy falls asleep, you can go to bed. That works better with the puppy in the house.

If you refuse to give in, usually they quit in a week or less.
    dawnmichellex3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 10:32 PM
    I just got a new puppy (mixed breed) three or four nights ago. Because my mother is allergic to dogs, he has to stay outside at all times. I felt awful leaving him out there the first night, in a new, strange place, away from his mother for the first time, and it was cold. I found out the second night is that what helps my dog go to sleep the most is.. start an hour before you actually want them to go to sleep. Play with them for about thirty minutes, to help wear down their energy level, make sure they've gone to the bathroom, and about fifteen minutes before you want them to go to bed, get their blanket or a sweater for them, and put it in the dryer. When it gets warm, slip it on them, put them in their crate/doghouse, stay out there and calm them until they go to sleep, and it works like a charm.

No whining. =D

I'm hoping when it warms up the dryer won't be necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy crying [ 11 Answers ]

My 12 week old staff puppy crys when she can't see you and crys all night until I go downstairs and sleep with her what shall I do

Babies crying [ 23 Answers ]

Well now that we're all back home and *somewhat* back to a normal routine, I'm starting to think again about the baby I will be having. I'm due in mid-June, right around Father's Day actually, haha. Anyway, I've been starting to ask (and receive) a lot of baby advice from family and friends. Most...

Crying after orgasm [ 5 Answers ]

Is it normal after a big orgasm to cry?

Pregnant Dog crying [ 2 Answers ]

Our dog is pregnant. We breed her on April 8th and now all of a sudden last night she was real uncomfortable and crying. If we talked with her or petted her she was fine. Tonight she started the same. She is eating fine. Isn't it a little early? Do you think the pups are just moving around and she...

Crying Heart That No One Can See [ 13 Answers ]

Please EVERYONE Please HELP ME I Love a Girl and she used 2 like me 2, but then I don't know but suddenly everything is changing, I'm not sure mayb its my thoughts but what I need help is.. How can I impress her How can I create a place in her heart How can I show her that I love her a lot...

View more questions Search