Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayeh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2009, 05:54 PM
    Hunter Fan Model 23282 - Wire Hunter Control Model 27182
    I have a new house that came pre wired for a light/fan. I connected my Hunter Fan (Model 23282) to the ceiling wiring as such

FAN/Ceiling Wiring

White/White
    Black/Black
    Black-White/Red
    Green/Green

I believe I wired the celing correctly.

I have a hunter 27182 Ceiling Fan & Light control that I want to install in place of a dimmer (that is currently installed)to control my new hunter fan. In the wall box I have a black and a red wire with white wires bundled w/ a wire connector. I need to know how to wire the control.
    Control Wires: Red, Black and Blue
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2009, 09:21 PM

What switches are currently there controlling the fan and light, and how are they wired?
    jayeh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2009, 08:11 AM
    There are three switches in the box. Since there was not a fan there before the only switch is the dimmer with its red and black leads connected. All three switches have the common white wires connected together. I think that the other two switches control plugs but I am not 100% sure. I will kick the breaker back on and find out.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2009, 02:18 PM

Ok let me ask you this question. The way you have it wired right now, with the dimmer STILL IN PLACE, what controls the fan, and what controls the light?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter fan and light switch model 27182 [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, here is my problem... I'm replacing an old single light/fan switch from with a new Hunter model 27182 combo switch. Here is what I have... from the ceiling my wiring is as follows and how it is connected to my new fan. White/white, black/black, red/blue, and two green and 1 bare wire wired...

I'm replacing a white rodgers 1F58-72 model thermostat with a Hunter model 44155C [ 2 Answers ]

There are some different wiring codes that are different how do I do it.

Hunter wall mount fan & light control (model 27186) [ 2 Answers ]

The Hunter wall mount control has two black wires and one green wire. How do I know which black wire goes to the black wire from the wall and which goes to the white wire from the wall? Or doesn't it matter which wire is connected to which

Hunter thermostat model 44260 [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have a way of matching the color of the wires to the thermostat? I have 5 wires coming out of the wall, Green, Red, Blue, White, and Yellow.

Hunter Thermostat Model #47300 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I want to install a Hunter Thermostat 47300, however, the instructions call for the existing wiring as a green, red and white. My old wiring is brown, blue and teal colored. I don't want to hook up until I understand the wire coloring. The condo was built in 1972 and I only need to get...

View more questions Search