Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keschy Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2004, 03:21 PM
    Cat scratching behavior at meal time?
    Our stray kitty does this weird thing. Every time she is about to eat, she scratches the area around her food dish. Now all the kittens are doing it too! I have never seen a cat do this and I'm just wondering if anyone knows why she would do it. Could it have to do with her being a stray?
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

Oct 3, 2004, 06:25 PM
    Cat scratching behavior at meal time?
    Hello,

It could just be a personality trait that she has passed on to her kittens?

Or maybe she truly doesn't like the food she is being offered?

Try offering different brands of food (in small portions) and see if she does the same to them.

Regards,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cats scratching wallpaper [ 10 Answers ]

I have two six month old Maine Coon cats (to be neutered next week). In the past week one of them has taken to removing the wood chip wallpaper of our house by scratching it with his claws. Hmmm. We have a cat tree and a couple of scratching posts which he uses, but he insists on using the walls...

Computer won't start up first time, but will second time [ 8 Answers ]

So this is a completely different computer first off. When I press the power button, everything powers up, but the computer does not post, or beep. If you leave the computer on for like 10 seconds, turn it off, and then turn it immediately back on, it turns on, posts, beeps, boots into Windows...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

Why 30 minutes before meal? [ 1 Answers ]

The spa that introduced me metathione asked me to take the dose 30 minutes before meal... what's the explanation for this?

Why would cat be scratching or biting? [ 1 Answers ]

As I posted a few weeks ago, I took in a stray cat. She has 6 little kittens who are all doing very well. They are all living inside now and seem very cosy. We still have a few weeks before we can take them to the shelter. The mother cat has always been affectionate and gentle. But this past...

View more questions Search