Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    derick461 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2009, 10:18 PM
    Home Phone
    My Home Phone Has A Dial Tone and can call out but when someone calls the Phones won't Ring except for a Ding what's the problem?
    Bill-K Posts: 54, Reputation: 16

Sep 4, 2009, 11:16 PM
    Here in the UK. if we have too many phones on the line, then the ring voltage just can't quite make it. As a result, the phones don't ring - or just go 'ding.' Try disconnecting some of your phones, then try and find out which one seems to be 'the straw which breaks the camel's back.'
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2009, 05:51 AM

THe problem I usually find for this is corroded phone jack/cord.
    Look inside each of the jacks where you plug phone into for black or green corrosion.
    And check the ends of the cord.
    You could test with a phone outside to verify problem is in the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I rewire my home phone lines that are 58 yrs. Old [ 5 Answers ]

What wire do I use? Can you help me with proper wiring layout. I have a 2.4 GHz dual handset cordless system, one touch tone phone and dsl & FAX. My phones are on one line, can the dsl &FAX use the same 2 wires or do I need to use the other 2 wires? If so how do I do this?

Home phone [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get the telephone number of someone that call my home phone private? -moved from Forum Help.

Home phone problems [ 2 Answers ]

My DSL service is working fine but my home phone isn't. I have the filters hooked up too. When I pick the phone up there is just a little static in the back ground.

Wiring inside home phone [ 2 Answers ]

My kids make long distance calls even though we put a password by the supplier. There is a way to reconnect some wires inside the phone that don't dile 1, or 0 at the beginning, long time ago, the telephone provider employee explained to me but I forgot. I need to know how so I can put a secret...

Co.'s Insist on requiring home phone #.. . [ 6 Answers ]

I am in dire need of an answer. I do not have a home telephone. I want to order online - yet they insist on me entering a telephone number. What do I insert in those l0 spaces if I don't have a phone? It is the only way the sites will let me proceed with my orders. Can anyone help me? ...

View more questions Search