Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkamrath Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 05:22 AM
    Whirl pool washer spin problems
    My direct drive whirl pool washer will only spin during the spin cycle when it is empty, if there are clothes in the washer it will not spin at all. First I thought it was the clutch, so ended up replacing the clutch, the coupler, and the pump (due to a leak). Now it does the same thing. Could this be a transmission problem or maybe a basket drive problem. Also seems like if you put a full load in it has a problem adgetating. Please Help.

Thank you for you time and any help you can be
    Harrison
    Whirl Pool washer model=LXR9245EQ1.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 27, 2006, 08:07 PM
    Jump the connection for the lid switch so you can have it spin with the front off.
    With it spinning look at the chrome bell that sets on top of the transmission (the clutch is inside of it). If that is not spinning it is the transmission. If it is spinning then it's the basket drive or the clutch. Make sure the clutch is not in upside down and the spring color is correct. The basket drive has a plastic tab that the clutch turns and it sometimes breaks.
    hkamrath Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 09:05 AM
    Thank you, I have already checked the clutch, it is spinning, I just replaced the clutch and the plastic piece on the basket drive that hits the clutch, so maybe it is the basket drive?
    I don't know, pretty soon I'm going to have the price of a new washer invested in my broken one. Thanks for the help.
    jchild40 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 06:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkamrath View Post
    Thank you, I have already checked the clutch, it is spinning, I just replaced the clutch and the plastic piece on the basket drive that hits the clutch, so maybe it is the basket drive?
    I don't know, pretty soon I'm gonna have the price of a new washer invested in my broken one. Thanks for the help.
    I have the same problem. I have to check to see if the clutch is spinning to determine if it's that (brand new clutch... I may have used the wrong spring) or if I need a new transmission.

I'm curious, how did you make out?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Washer doesn't spin fast [ 14 Answers ]

Had trouble with spin cycle on Whirlpool Ultimate Care Washing Machine. Lid switch was bad so we replaced it. Worked fine for several weeks. Now, washer will spin slowly during spin cycle and empty most of water in tub. Tub will not spin at fast speed & some water is left in the machine. Can you...

Whirlpool washer agitates but will not spin! [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool washing machine Model LSR8244EQ1 Heave Duty Super Capacity Plus Imperial 8 cycle / 2 speed The washer fills and agitates but when it comes time to spin, it does not spin. I checked to make sure no clothes were wrapped around the agitator but the agitator moves freely. I...

GE Washer won't spin or drain, but does agitate [ 2 Answers ]

I think the name of my clothes washer is GE Profile, model number WPSQ3120T2WW. It and our dryer came with our townhouse when we bought it four years ago. I've washed pillows before without any trouble (normal size), but this morning I washed two pillows and two sheets and then heard a loud...

Kenmore Washer won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have searched everywhere but haven't been able to find an answer to this one. My washer is only about 3 yrs old. It runs through the cycles just fine but when it tries to click over to the spin cyle you can hear the motor running but it does not spin. I lift the lid and I and about 1 second...

Kenmore washer won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 or 3 year old Kenmore washer suddenly stopped spinning! It goes through the entire cycle then suddenly stops at the spin cycle. It makes plenty of noise as if it is was the spin cycle but then when you go to unload the clothes, they are sopping wet. Yet they are not standing in water. The...

View more questions Search